We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

Atlanta
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

Family vacationing in Pigeon Forge, but we have one night to ourselves. It looks like Cherokee Grill is the consensus, but this question was last posted 4 years ago. For a romantic/upscale dining experience, is Cherokee Grill still the place? We're from Atlanta, where you need megaphones to have a conversation at most eateries, so a nice quiet, no-kid-screaming, night out is the goal.

Thanks in advance!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

I love the Cherokee Grill...however, it was very loud the last time we were there. Alot of people like the Peddler but i've never been there so i'm not sure about the food or ambiance.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

Good question, I would love to know that also. Hubby is coming back from Deployment and we are doing a getaway in December would love a resturant that is quite and romantic..

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

The Buckhorn Inn

Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
549 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

I agree with gatorgurl, last time we were at the Cherokee Grill it was loud. We love the Peddler. Goods steaks, good ambiance, and a very good salad bar. If you go here, ask for a table by the river, and I think you will find it to be romantic! Have a great trip!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

I vote for Cherokee Grill 100%. the food and service is great. The Peddler was not so good, the food was YUK and it is very crowded . you have to call ahead to get seating. and believe me it's not worth it. tables are very close together for my liking. But to each his own I guess. Cherokee Grill has a nice rock fireplace that's romantic ,if you get there around 4 (that's when they open) you can get by the fireplace. my hubby and I love this place.

Edited: 19 May 2010, 04:02
Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

For a nice dinner out (KID FREE), I would suggest The Peddler. It is kind of romantic & is situated on the river. So, if you get a river front table it adds a hint of romance. They have a steak peddler that comes around with his cart and shows you the cut of meat before sending it to the kitchen to be cooked. They have a VERY large salad bar that is included with your meal.

Also very nice is the Park Grill. It has more of a woodsy feel to it as compared to The Peddler. Being the sister restaurant to The Peddler, it has a similar menu. They also have a VERY large salad bar that is included with your meal. They do not have riverside tables, but they do have a live pianist--that adds a hint of romance. To me, it felt a little more kid friendly as compared to The Peddler--but was still very nice. It was not too noisy or anything like that. You can enjoy the pianist's selections and even make a special request.

Both places are very nice. I personally prefer the Park Grill even though I feel The Peddler is a little more upscale (since they have the steak peddler). I love the moonshine chicken at the Park Grill. Either would be a nice place for a romantic dinner.

Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

I like the Cherokee Grill too, but I would have to agree with the Buckhorn Inn as the most romantic (and quiet) and if you get a window seat, the mountain view is fantastic. It's not menu order, it's a set meal each evening, so I would check ahead for the menu for that evening. Have a great trip!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

Another vote for the Park Grill. We just ate there in April. It is still very good and they still have the massive salad bar. The most impressive thing about the Park Grill is the attention of the wait staff. They are not afraid to help each other out to get things done. It's a great place.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

Another vote for Buckhorn inn or Peddler.

Demopolis, Alabama
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic (no kids!) restaurant in PF/Gatlinburg

The lodge at buckberry creek go to their website and they have photos and menu the view is to die for and food is upscale classy dining and just a short 5 min drive up from gatlinburg