We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Junkin and antiques

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Junkin and antiques

I am going to the Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge area the first week of June and was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on some stores in the general area which where the old junk stores. You know the ones which may have some antiques or other interesting old stuff.

Thanks,John

Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Junkin and antiques

My husband and I like some of the shops along Hwy. 73 in Wears Valley. I can't remember the names but there are several on both sides of the road. There is one in particular that we like to stop at. It is on the right as you are going towards Townsend. The building didn't look to impressive from the outside but it was filled with great stuff on the inside.

Also, there are some antique shops in Sevierville. Haven't had a chance to check them out yet though. I have also heard that there is a large flea market north of Sevierville that may be worth checking out,

Cin

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Junkin and antiques

I like the little store at the end of Roaring Fork. Sometimes it's hard to catch them open, but they always have neat stuff to look at and buy.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Junkin and antiques

Thanks for the information. We will plan on checking these places out. This trip is a little different. We have only a reservation for one night. We plan on just following the back roads and seeing what we can find to do.

John

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Junkin and antiques

There are several antique shops on Wears Valley Rd between Pigeon Forge and Townsend (wears valley village, wears valley antiques & craft gallery, antiques of wears valley, autrey's antiques & ideas, yesterday's antiques). We had lots of fun shopping these types of places last summer. Also there are a few antique places in Sevierville on the highway on the way into town (Action Mall Antiques). You might also want to check out the HUGE Great Smokies Flea Market. Flea Traders Paradise is another flea market, but not nearly as big. There is also a farmers market in Wears Valley. There is an $$$$ antique place on the way into downtown Gatlinburg, but he has higher end stuff (Morton's Antiques). There is also a Goodwill in Sevierville where you can hunt for treasures.

Hope this helps! Happy Travels.

5. Re: Junkin and antiques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 07:27