We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

Westgate booked me and my family a room thier for 3 nights at a great price without having to do a timeshare presentation. Is this a real resort? Some of the reviews I have read has been scary so if anyone knows anything about the standard double queen rooms or the resort please let me know Thanks

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

I've never stayed there but by looking at it, it's not what I would call a "resort". Looks no different than a hotel and that's about it. Of course I could be wrong about it. I'm sure someone who has actually been there will answer your questions. Good luck and hope you have a nice time in Gatlinburg.

Edited: 02 July 2010, 01:01
lilburn, georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

you are wise to ask, pay attention to the reviews, since it was taken over by westgate most all reviews are very very negative and for good reason, buyer beware, if it were me i would find another "resort", the only thing about the resort is its name, buyer beware

lilburn, georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

you are wise to ask, pay attention to the reviews, since it was taken over by westgate most all reviews are very very negative and for good reason, buyer beware, if it were me i would find another "resort", the only thing about the resort is its name, buyer beware

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

I just got back from a week stay there, and had no problem with the room read my review under the hotel. I was in building 7, nice room bigger than I thought it would be, nice resturant on site, friendly staff. It is not a resort per say but a nice hotel.

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

We did the same thing one time with Westgate when we was short on funds but hey we go to go to the mountains! Now about the hotel, we asked for a room on the river, they will not let you have a room on the river they have certain rooms for timeshares all you see is a view of a back of a building, the hotel is old, and the bed wasnt very soft and it did smell a bit. It does have a resturant but quite expensive, and no contental breakfast, but they do have a bar that is quite nice right on the Pigeon River

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

Me and my ex- husband stayed there many years ago,Around 2001 maybe 2002.The hotel was pretty nice then.We had a room facing the river.I havent stayed there lately but I have drove by it many many times and it's not bad at all.I have talked with people who has stayed there lately and they did say there room was on the back side of the hotel.We were sitting in one of the gazeboo's beside the river and the people next to us feeding the ducks stayed there.Other than that I really dont know how it is.But 9-10 years ago it was pretty nice.I was just in Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago and the hotel still looks nice.Maybe some more people who has stayed there in the past couple of months can give you better details on it.I know if I stayed there again I would love to have a room higher up and on the river side of the place that way you have a good mountain view also.

Have a great time on your trip.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

Me and the wife stayed there the first week of june 2010. We went to Gatlinburg without any reservations during the middle of the week. When we got there we decided o stay in town this time. We stayed at the River Terrace. It is not what I would call a resort but it was really nice and the price was very good. About 65 a night. It is an older place but it is in good condition and was clean. We had a river front room that was great. From our balcony we had a great veiw of Gatlinburg. I have stayed in much nicer places but you paid the price. My wife has done said that the next time we go to Gatlinburg she would like to stay there.

The location was great. It really made seeing the town nice. I would stay again. I have read some of the reviews and feel a lot of people want the Ritz's at a modest rate.

John

Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

It's where we always stay. Nice enough, great location and cheap. It's not really a resort though...maybe back in the day it was.

Edited: 09 July 2010, 19:40
Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

Thanks everyone I am not expecting a ritz only require that it be clean I am going next Friday so I will post when I get back how it was Fingers crossed that we will get a good room

Georgia
Level Contributor
105 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone know anything about the River Terrance Resort

well I am glad I didn't listen to alot of the reviews of this hotel because it is great. The rooms are really clean love the view and the front desk is really nice and helpful I am glad I kept my reservations