We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rafring the CHattooga river

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
88 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
rafring the CHattooga river

I didn't quite know where to post this question regarding the Chttooga river, but maybe someone here knows.

I am wondering whether section IV is a bit much for us. We have done whitewater rafting a few times, most recently on the Middle Ocoee (last summer). Is section IV on the Chattooga much more difficult? I know it's a great river in terms of scenery, and I read that the III section is really not much (Class II-III rapids are much less than the Ocoee).

Any ideas what we should do? Which company is recommended (I have check out the half day with NOC, which combines relaxing and action on the river).

Also- how cold are the water and how should we dress?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rafring the CHattooga river

The middle Ocoee has fours and fives, so the Chattooga should be fine. I asked my guide about it last time I was on the Ocoee but he hadn't rafted it.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: rafring the CHattooga river

Watch out for dueling banjos on that part of the Chattooga. That is where the movie Deliverance with Burt Reynolds was filmed.

Might try posting the question on the Georgia or South Carolina forum where the river and the rafting is located.

3. Re: rafring the CHattooga river

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 09:06