We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Road

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
38 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
River Road

This will be our first time staying on River Road. We are staying at the Riverhouse Motor Lodge. Anyway, isn't there a route that comes in through the back way that avoids driving through the strip traffic in GBurg? I may be wrong. If so, what road is it and where do we get on that road? Sevierville? PForge? Before? Thanks in advance!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: River Road

If your on the Parkway,as you get to Mountain Mall River road is right there.River road runs on the back side of the strip.

Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Road

You may be thinking about the Bypass that goes to the GSM Park. You get on it between G'burg and Pigeon Forge. It goes up the mountain behind Gatlinburg and comes out just inside the park. You can then turn and come into Gatlinburg and take a left (the first left, Light #10) on Ski Mountain Road. One block down you take a right on River Road.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: River Road

Are you maybe thinking about the Gatlinburg Bypass? You can catch it on the Spur before you get into Gatlinburg (coming from Pigeon Forge). The entrance will be on your right. It comes out on the outskirts of Gatlinburg close to the park entrance, so you'd still have to take the Parkway back into Gatlinburg, at least to Ski Mountain Rd. Turn left on Ski Mountain and that will take you to River Rd. Bring up Google maps and you can see all of this. Make sure you have it on map instead of satellite view to see it easier.

Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Road

Here's a link with maps that may shed a little more light for you!!!

http://www.gatlinburg.com/maps/

Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: River Road

Haha Great minds think alike....same info within minutes of each other...priceless!!!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: River Road

we just got back from there last week and it was a great place to stay. very clean and the balcony was soooo relaxing to sit out on and enjoy the sounds of the river. don't worry about the traffic it wasn't bad since you don't have to go up the strip you go around on river road.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
38 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River Road

Thanks everyone! I guess the bypass was what I was thinking about.

Hagerhill- Thanks for that! I'm super excited about staying here. I requested a room on the first floor because I read you would have a better view of the river. I can't wait to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and listen to the river sounds.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: River Road

Here's a little tip. If traffic does seem to be a little heavy when heading into Gatlinburg from the Spur, about 150 yards before you get into Gatlinburg, you can turn left on River Road. Sometimes it takes some time to turn on to Ski Mountain Rd.

Below is a Google Maps link to show you what I'm talking about.

http://tinyurl.com/2e8he7k

Bob

Alabama
Level Contributor
145 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: River Road

Bob..that's a great tip..Thank you for sharing it. I didn't realize you could do that.

10. Re: River Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 06:22