We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg becomes Tennessee's 1st LEED Certified Hotel.

Have you stayed at this hotel?

How did it compare to other Hilton's?

smokiesguidebook.com/hilton-garden-inn-in-ga…

Edited: 30 July 2010, 03:54
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
739 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

What does that mean exactly? A LEED hotel?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

LEED means "Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design."

I stayed there twice last year and thought it was a great new place in town with a lot of old worn-out places. The nightly rate is rather high, however, as both times I stayed there, it was over $100 per night.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

I stayed there last year. There's a review in the review section.

Crestwood, KY
Level Contributor
12 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

We stayed at the HGI/Gatlinburg about 10 days ago. It's located along RIver Rd (in the south end of town, not far from the SMNP entrance). Although about a block or so off the main drag of US 441, the stores and shops are a short walk away, as well as being close to many restaurants.

The HGI is relatively new to Gatlinburg (just over a year, as of this writing). We have stayed at several HGI's in other markets, and I would rank this as comparable to others, and is one of the nicer hotel properties in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

I have not stayed at this place but LEED design is becomiing a big thing. Kat is correct in the meaning of LEED. As an engineer in the building design we are seeing a lot of LEED projects. These jobs design around using less energy, water, recyling and a hold lot of stuff like this. We design buildings to comply with leed and go through the certifying process. We design a lot more buildings to the same standards but do not go through the certifying process. It cost the owners a lot of money to have all the paper work done in getting this certification. I have just finished a 2 million dollar building which was certified. It cost the owner about 100,000 in extra fees to get it certified.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

We saw this hotel last year and this year.It is very pretty from the outside.I think we will go in and check it out in November.Ive always been a fan of the Hilton Hotels.They always get great reviews.Im glad Gatlinburg has a nice hotel like this one and I hope it stays in the area for years to come.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

It's very nice - indoor saltwater pool, great breakfasts, walk to everything. The room was nice and slept our family of four quite well (king bed+sleeper sofa+packNplay). Will most likely stay there again this November.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

We just stayed at the HGI Gatlinburg. I love the idea of a LEED hotel, but it was hard to get used to the lack of water pressure in the shower. The in room trash/recycling bins were so small that it was hard to keep trash separate. As far as the hotel itself is concerned, I loved it and would definitely stay there again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

$100 is less than I'd expect from a Hilton. The one on the Chattanooga riverfront is around $130, but that might just be because of the location. The movie theater that opened a few months ago in front of the Creative Discovery Museum is the first LEED theater in the country. I definitely prefer patronizing businesses in LEED certified buildings.

10. Re: Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg Becomes Tennessee’s First LE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2011, 05:18