We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

Me and my hubby havent been to Ripley's Aquarium in the past couple of year's and I was wondering if anyone has seen the new "Penguin Playhouse" yet and if it would be worth the time and money to go see it.

We did really enjoy going to the Aquaruim when we went a couple of years ago.I just dont want to spend alot of money to see it and would rather spend more time in the Park.

Do you recommend going to Ripley's Aquarium for the Penguin's?

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
828 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

The penguins were cute, but I don't know if I would spend the money just for that. The day we went it was so crowded and the adults were so rude getting in front of the kids who were trying to see. There was a crawl in tube for kids to go into the area with the penguins so they could get a closer look, but i'm not sure if an adult would fit in it, maybe a small one.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

Cherokeegurl,

I have not been to the aquarium since they open the Penguin Playhouse. It looked popolar this summer. I too would rather spend time in the park or the outside during the day. The last 2 times there we went to the aquarium after dark when most of the park was closed. A couple of years ago we where staying in Cherokee and went to PF and Gatlinburg for a show and stuff. We did the Aquarium when we found out it was open to 11 or 12. The drive from Gatlinburg to Cherokee after midnght was a site to be seen. There was lots of wildlife by the road.

John

Cadillac, Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

We were at the aquarium last weekend and saw the penguins and I, too, am not sure it would be worth it if you have seen the rest of the aquarium. It was our first time to the aquarium so the whole experience was great. I think if I were you I would spend more time in the park. Just my opinion!!! :)

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

We have been several times but havent seen the Penquin's yet.So we would be paying alot just to see them.I think we will skip it and spend the money elsewhere.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
1,131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

Cherokeegurl,

You can see part of the penguin habitat from river road. IF you want to take a peek at them, just arrive at river road early in the morning. While we were in town in July, we noticed that early in the mornings, the penguins were very active in their tank..swimming & diving. We stopped by a couple mornings on our trip on our way to/from breakfast--just to watch the penguins swimming. Of course you are looking at them from across the river, but at least you get to see them.

Hope this helps!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

daisyferret1 thanks for the info.I didnt know you could see them from River Rd.I think we have decided not to go.I can use the money and time eslewhere,Weve been to the Aquarium a few times and I hated to pay so much money just for the Penquins but I will take a peek at them on river rd.We like to sit on River rd and watch the ducks in the water its alot of fun.

7. Re: Penguin Playhouse @ Ripley's Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 07:19