We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused about BRP

Rockford, Illinois
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
confused about BRP

Triple AAA mapped our route--but she refers to Blue Ridge Avenue --is it the same as BRP??

We asked to be routed from GSM to Hendersonville by way of BRP --any one familiar???

I just noticed this tonight as I was going over directions. I can't tell on map.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused about BRP

Well, you can certainly get to Hendersonville while riding on some of the BRP. Take 441 across the mountain from Gatlinburg to Cherokee, get on the BRP to US 276 south of Waynesville. It makes a long ride, but it's beautiful.

I've never heard the BRP referred to as Blue Ridge Ave., though.

Good luck.

Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: confused about BRP

I would contact the associate at AAA that complied your trip-tik. That way there is no confusion. I too have never heard of the Blue Ridge Parkway being referred to as Blue Ridge AVENUE.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: confused about BRP

The Blue Ridge Parkway which celebrates its 75th anniversary this year by the way, is NOT Blue Ridge Avenue, it is a linear national park from Great Smoky Mountains National Park in NC and extends to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. You can access it near Hendersonville on NC 121 outside of Asheville or head toward Brevard and take US 276 through the Pisgah National Forest. It is a stunning drive from Asheville to the Smokies, in fact the views rival the Smokies anyday hands down when in a car.

4. Re: confused about BRP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:20