We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please please help me!!

ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please please help me!!

Need advise we are doing a small road trip starting in Atlanta,then heading to birmingham then memphis then nashville then ???? have 1 or 2 nights undecided before heading to Road Atlanta.

SHOULD WE stay in Chattanooga or Gatlinburg or somewhere else near the smoky mountains or have 1 night in 2 different places.

Also any tips on the weather & what to see mid march.

PLEASE HELP!!!

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please please help me!!

My opinion is that you should spend two nights in Gatlinburg and roam around the Great Smokies. If you're coming from Nashville you could pass through Chattanooga on the way to Gatlinburg. Not much to see there anyway.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please please help me!!

Ditto....especially if you have not been to Gatlinburg before.

ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please please help me!!

If staying in Gatlinburg any recommendations on somewhere reasonably priced to stay & where to see/to go

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please please help me!!

We always like to stay at Riverhouse At The Park which is one block off the main road going through Gatlinburg.

http://www.riverhousemotorlodge.com/park.html

You will get alot for your money here and the prices are reasonable especially this time of year.

www.riverhousemotorlodge.com/parkrates.html

Would recommend a river room with a gas fireplace not too close to the side street, ask for first level and you'll probably get it.

For things to do there is lots of good info here.

http://www.brokenclaw.com/news/smokies.html

Along with some pictures to give you a feel for the atmophere in The Smokies.

www.brokenclaw.com/gallery/thumbnails.php…

We usually go there to rest, have a good meal and shop a little. Would reccommend "carhiking" through Cades Cove, Roaring Forks and a drive up to Newfoundland Gap.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please please help me!!

I would probably try to spend a couple of nights in Gatlinburg too. While Chattanooga does have many attractions and a lot of history, I think Gatlinburg would be my choice.

Isn't Roaring Forks Nature Trail closed until spring?

Newfound Gap road climbs pretty high so depending on the weather it might be closed just past Sugarlands.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please please help me!!

Roaring Fork and the road to Clingmans Dome are both closed unitl spring.

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Please please help me!!

"Roaring Fork and the road to Clingmans Dome are both closed unitl spring. "

That's right, guess they'd better spend their time around town in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge during the month of March.

ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Please please help me!!

If we are coming 13-15 March will there be much to do & will the motor trails be open.

also long does it take to drive to atlanta

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please please help me!!

Definately go to Gatlinburg. I LOVE it there and i'm sure you will too. I'm not sure what will be open in March. I've gone the end of March and Dollywood had just opened. Not sure about the trails. The weather was not bad at all when we went but i guess you never know.

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Please please help me!!

From what I can tell the motor trail through Cades Cove should be open if there isn't heavy snow accumulation or ice on the roads. This is a Pioneer Preserve that is very popular with the tourists.

Here is a site that will tell you more.

http://www.cadescove.net/

I'm guessing that it's 3 1/2 hours from Gatlinburg to Atlanta.