We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foothill Falls Festival

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Foothill Falls Festival

We will be driving through Maryville on Sat. Oct. 9 in the morning on our way to the Smokies. We always go that way and end up in Townsend. Should we avoid this year because of the festival? I imagine we will be going through around 10-11am. We are staying in Nashville the nt. before...

What does everyone think?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

The Foothills Fall Festival is located throughout downtown Maryville near the intersection of US Highways 321 and 129.So I think if it were me I would go thru Knoxville to get to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg.This is a big Festival and alot of people will be in town for it and you might get delayed a bit.And if you went thru Knoxville it will be alot quicker.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

I'll be at the Foothills Fall Festival this year. You should stop for a visit in Maryville!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

BradMac,

I've never even heard of it. What all do they have there? It sounds intriguing.

Cindy

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

Cindy here is the website for the Festival.Looks like alot of fun.I love 38 Special and all the other bands that will be too.I wish I was going to be in town that week.Hopefully BradMac will give us a great report.

www.foothillsfallfestival.com/

Edited: 24 September 2010, 03:00
Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

I would think that around 11am the festival should be just getting under way for the day. Why not stop in Maryville and enjoy some of the local culture. You never know, you might just plan your next trip around the Foothill Falls Festival. This will give you the opportunity to take the Foothills Parkway if you have never been on it. A very nice ride.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

Cindy,

It has many of things you expect to find at a fall festival: arts, crafts, funnel cakes, etc. The big draw for us, however, is the live music. Me and my son are big southern rock fans. Lynyrd Skynyrd and 38 Special are playing this year. It should be a blast!

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

Sounds great to me. Sure wish I was going to be in town then. Maybe I'll have to make plans to make it another year!

Cindy

8. Re: Foothill Falls Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 05:23