We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

According to The Mountain Press it looks like Peak may be sooner than expected.

themountainpress.com/view/…

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

It'll be interesting to see when the leaves peak. I can tell you that since 2006 when we bought our place, the peak week has always been very late in the third week of October through the fourth week. Last year it definitely was LATE October and beginning of November. Who knows what this year will bring, but it's exciting to watch it play out! Sure wish I could see it all in person instead of having to do it virtually.

Cindy

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

I can't wait...it will be my first fall here!

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

It looks like we will miss being there in the fall this year but last year we were there a few days after peak but still pretty colors. I have decided even if I don't make peak if I am in the Smokies then "life is good".

Linda

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

Jessica, in my opinion, there is no better time to visit the smokies than in the fall. The temps are cooler, but still very enjoyable. If you wait till November, the temps are cooler still, the tourists are not as abundant. And best of all most motel rates are traditionally cheaper, to help lure in tourists.

And the fall colors are still pretty abundant.

Ray

Tennessee
Level Contributor
64 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

I am a fan of Grandfather Mountain on Facebook and they posted photos yesterday of some fall color they already have there. I hope I make it up for at least one day this Fall... :)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

I'll be very curious to see how the fall colors are this year...you have to remember that it was the hottest Sept in many of the southern states in recorded history...plus almost no rain. The leaves could just go from green to brown to ground. I hope that is no thte case but just don't assume yuu are going to get a great vibrant year....last year was a big disappointment,.

Well there is still hope but if this year disappoints you, just understand that every year is a little different. 2007 was the last sensational year...2008 was substandard and 2009 was downright por.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

If you look at The Purchase Knob webcam in The National Park you can see some colors starting to form on the leaves.Looks like that side of the park is starting to change colors.Beautiful!!!!

…nps.gov/air/…grsmpkcam.cfm

Brunson
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

I'm not going until 3rd week in November so I have saved all of the webcams in the Smokies to my favorites so I can watch the foilage. I also have some websites that keep updating pictures as well. Love the fall colors. Fall is my favorite time of year, I farm so I enjoy seeing the end results of spring and summer with a bountiful harvest!

9. Re: New update on Fall Colors,They say it's coming sooner.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:16