We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In gatlinburg right NOW!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
In gatlinburg right NOW!

We're sitting at trolley stop 4 right now. Going to the arts and crafts area. I've never been there before. The temp here is perfect and as usual, I feel peaceful, calm and happy. Hugs to all!!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

Hey Tina, if you get the opportunity to, stop by Alewine's Pottery on Glades Rd. if you're looking for, or interested in purchasing fine pottery, or better still, a beautifully decorated, one of a kind, coffee mug.

Ray

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

Hey Tina, If you get the opportunity you need to stop by Alewine's Pottery located on Glades Rd. They have some of the most beautifully decorated coffee mugs I've ever seen.

Good luck to your husbands race.

Ray

Saint John, Indiana
Level Contributor
382 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

We rode the trolley to get an idea of where everything is. Now we're going back to get our truck. We have a list of the shops so I'll find that one and stop there. Thanks Ray!

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

Be advised Alewine's pottery is a tad on the expensive side.....but hey, that's no hill for a mountain climber. LOL

Ray

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

Glad you made it down there ok and glad the weather is great. Last week when I was down there it was way too hot for my liking (except it was nice in the park where it was much cooler).

Alewine pottery is one of my favorites in the Arts and Crafts community and I bought a mug, 2 luminaries and a little teeny vase. My cabin was only about a minute or two from there!

Have fun, Tena.....I wish I was still here. :)

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

So glad it's beautiful for you, I always feel peaceful there maybe that's why i love it so much. The weather here is much better so i am sure it's wonderful there.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

Hey Tena glad your having a great time and the weather is nice for you.I will be there in a month for my 3rd trip this year and I cant wait.Have a wonderful time and keep us posted on how your trip is going and have a wonderful evening in The Smokies :)

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

"Genuine Alewine!"

I love their commercials. It's just not a trip to Gatlinburg without hearing that! haha

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

I love watching the visitors channel from our room or cabin, while waiting for my wife to get ready. A trip to Gatlinburg would not be complete, with that visitors channel.

Ray

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In gatlinburg right NOW!

I love the visitor's channel too Ray. I drive my husband crazy with it because we've seen everything on there a million times.