We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

Mobile, Alabama
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

I like to collect small snowglobes from each place my husband and I visit. This has proven to be a difficult travel souvenir to find in some places. Have you seen them around Gatlinburg, and if so, what stores carry them?

I'm looking for a small one that says Gatlinburg or Great Smoky Mountains, something that indicates where we were when we got it. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

3 Bears gift shop in Pigeon Forge carry them.I have seen them around in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge but dont know all the names of the stores but I do know 3 Bears have them.I think Ranger Bob's has them too.

Edited: 01 October 2010, 01:03
Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

I saw some last weekend in the Smoky Mtn. Knife Works. I remember noticing them because you don't see them much anymore.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

I bet they have them at The Christmas Place.

Mentioned in this post
Christmas Place
Christmas Place
1,637 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

This is kinda like the ones ive seen but the ones ive seen say either Gatlinburg,TN or The Great Smoky Mountains.Ive seen the cheap ones and expensive ones too.When your in town go to the Mountain Mall I have seen them there also.

http://www.myfavoritecity.com/tesndo.html

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Mobile, Alabama
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

Thanks all! I wanted to visit 3 Bears and all the Christmas stores I come across (kind of a Christmas nut, lol) anyway, so glad to hear they carry them! I will write down the names of the other stores just in case.

The most difficult place to find one so far has been Atlanta. None at Stone Mountain park at all. Luckily we went to the Aquarium, so I was able to get one that said Georgia Aquarium there. I like putting them out on my mantle and that they are somewhat unique, but I know when we go on vacation that I'm going to spend a good amount of time going store to store asking for snowglobes!

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Stone Mountain Park
Stone Mountain Park
3,441 Reviews
Stone Mountain, GA
Georgia Aquarium
Georgia Aquarium
19,054 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

My daughter collects snowglobes too so I'll be looking for them myself. Thanks for the suggestions.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

Hi pinksnapdragons,

Be sure to check the Sugarland Visitors Center at the GSMA bookstore. I just looked on their website and didn't see any, But, they may possibly get some just for the stores and not put them on the internet for mail ordering.

You can also give them a toll free phone call during normal business hours at 1-888-898-9102 x 226 or x 351.

Bob

Mobile, Alabama
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

Will do. Thank you, Bob!

9. Re: Where to purchase a souvenir snowglobe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 05:17