We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabin fever

laporte city iowa
5 posts
Save Topic
cabin fever

has anyone stayed with the cabin fever vacations? good or bad........ we are going first week of april. we are staying in the absolutely perfect cabin......... talk to me

Dublin, Virginia
Level Contributor
947 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabin fever

I just got back from renting a cabin from Cabin Fever Vacations. The one we stayed in was "African Safari". It's located in Hidden Springs Resort which is not really a resort but more of a development located on a hill in the woods off of this country road close to Dollywood. The cabin itself was fabulous..I fell in love with it. It has a cathedral ceiling in the living room with huge windows looking out into the woods..very beautifully decorated with a king bed, 2 bathrooms, hot tub, pool table, huge deck, everything in the kitchen you'd ever need. It was a really nice place to relax and was throughly enjoyable. Although the literature says it sleeps 4, if you are planning on any romance I only recommend it for 2 people because the bedroom fireplace is see through to the living room..meaning no privacy. Also..there are no curtains covering the huge living room windows and there are other cabins on the hill right behind you. If you are freaked out by this and prefer a more isolated cabin, this isn't the place for you. It didn't bother me though..I never really felt like people could see in to closely. If you come in winter make sure you are in a 4WD vehicle because it's off of a little curvy road and straight up a hill which was was slick. If you want more info about this place feel free to email me at angelkitten37@hotmail.com