We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

Kentucky
Level Contributor
829 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

This was our 3rd trip to the Smoky's this year. I can't believe my good luck. It was our anniversary gift to each other. We stayed at Smokyland Hotel in GB. The hotel is older, but clean and well maintained. The only problem was the parking. People would park down the side of the narrow parking lot making it difficult to get out of a parking space. Would be good for those who park and don't go out a lot. But, the location was excellent. We arrived a little after 1 and after checking out the beds for bugs, we settled in for a few minutes, but I just couldn't sit still. We headed out for Cades Cove. Only spotted 3 deer. We had planned to go through the Rich Mountain Rd, but it was closed. We returned through Townsend & Wears Valley and had an early supper at the Old Mill. Wonderful as always. We drove back into GB for a game of Hillbilly Golf. Our show for the night was Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. It was a wonderful contemporary production. I'm always amazed at the amount of talent in the area. After a frull day we were ready to call it a night. More to come.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

Lynn60 thanks for taking out the time to give us a trip report.Parking always seems to be tight at hotels for some reason.Glad you got to go to Cades Cove and see some Deer.I wonder why Rich Mountain Rd was closed.I love the Old Mill always good food and service.Ive never seen Technicolor Dream Coat before might have to check that show out one day.Glad your enjoying your trip so far,Keep giving us updates on your trip.I love reading trip reports,But they make me miss the mountains.Have fun and enjoy your evening.

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

I've always wanted to stay at the Smokyland in one of those two rooms that have a balcony right over the parkway. I love sitting out on a balcony in the morning and at night.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

Thanks for that, Lynn! I'll be looking forward to the rest of the report!

Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

Thanks. Lynn60. I was glad to hear you enjoyed Technicolor Dreamcoat as we have tickets and it is good to know it should be enjoyable.

5. Re: Trip report Sept 30-Oct 3 - Day 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 05:16