We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

The Hollywood Wax Museum is now officially closed and it looks like Mellow Mushrom Restaurant will be taking its place.Also Linebergers Seafood is also officially closed and Dick's last Resort will take it over aswell Im sorry to see these 2 places shut down after many of years in business in Gatlinburg.If you have never eaten at a Mellow Mushroom you should try them they have excellent pizza's.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

this economy is destroying many mom and pops. not to mention the high rents.

only the large national chains can stay in business.

its sad

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

I thought the wax museum was fairly new?

Illinois
Level Contributor
217 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

If Linebergers Seafood is closing for good, I seriously doubt it has anything to do about a lack of business. that place has been there for over 30 years I believe and they own the buildings/ground where the place is. I think it has more to do with the owners "retireing".

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Nope, it was something about the property I believe.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Links:

godsgreatsmokeymountains.com/news/news.htm

(Discover the Smokies)

http://tinyurl.com/2chheh4

(The Mountain Press)

Per the Mountain Press, Lineberger's Plaza was forclosed-on.

Edited: 02 December 2010, 15:44
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Here's acouple of interesting articles regarding the property.

knoxnews.com/news/…

knoxnews.com/news/…

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Allers: I think you are correct that the museum is relatively new. We took the kids several years ago and it's way overpriced. I'm not surprised that they are closing.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

I think some of you may not realize what the real estate costs are on the parkway in Gatlinburg. irregardless of if a company owns or rents, their building expenses are OUTRAGEOUS.

Hence the numerous closures and high prices.

I don't know the story of linebergers, yes the restaurant has been there as long as I can remember. there was a motel on the same property before they built the new plaza. The entire new plaza has their name on it, so they may own it all. They probably think they can do better renting it to Dicks instead of running a restaurant themselves. Or they may have sold it all. Who knows.

Time will tell if Dicks can make the rent payments.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

Maybe it has to do with the lousy food and the high prices. They moved up in appearance but their quality was lacking.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hollywood Wax Museum is officially closed now.

In all my years of going to Gatlinburg, I only ate at Linberger's twice. I thought the food at best was only average and it was very expensive. I don't mind paying for an expensive meal if the food is actually good.

If the building owners can't keep people in their buildings because of the expense, high rent and such maybe a a lower rent would help keep good businesses in the buildings and they the owners would actually have someone paying rent to cover all those expenses. Hard to make any money with the buildings empty.....not to mention it sucks for the tourists to see nothing but empty buildings.