We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bear Creek Grill

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bear Creek Grill

Has anyone eaten here before? I was browsing on Discoverthe smokies.com and came across this restaurant out on East Parkway past the Arts & Crafts loop entrances. Their website states that they are part of the same restaurant group as Best Italian, Howards Steak House and McCutchans Brass-Grill. Their menu looks wonderful!!! The photos of the dinigroom look wonderful as well. And they have the infamous and wonderfully delicious Garlic Rolls!!

Looks like a nice menu with many options. Might try to make a trip here for NYE dinner instead of Calhouns. Just wondering if anyone has eaten there yet and give their opinions!

http://www.bearcreekgrill.com/index.html

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bear Creek Grill

I havent eaten there but if they have the same garlic rolls as Best Italian then that is somewhere I would like to try.I thought I read on here that some people ate there and said it was very good but a little high.Ive been past the place alot and its looks like a good restaurant.Hmm might have to check it out.Have you looked at the reviews of it.I havent. I just read about it on the forum.Give them a try and let us know how you liked it.

Edited: 13 December 2010, 03:46
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bear Creek Grill

I forgot to tell you that Bear Creek Grill has had coupons on half off depot and restaurants.com.I dont know if they are still on there but they did a couple of weeks ago.It was something like get a $50.00 gift card for $10.00.You might check it out.They send me emails all the time and always has alot of great restaurants on there.But read the fine print they may not be good for NYE but you still might be able to use them at some point in your trip.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bear Creek Grill

CG...you are right about their menu. They do seem to be a more upscale type restaurant, but also have decent prices for that type of dining. Thanks for reminding me about 1/2off depot. I just purchased 2 discounted certificates for Bear Creek and Best Italian, They were $12.50 each for an actual $25 certificate. So that $25 will cover dinner at Bear Creek one night as well as Lunch at my favorite place...Best Italian. Thanks again for the reminder!

I may actually try to purchase a couple more so that my friends have the discounted certificates as well! =)

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bear Creek Grill

OK, done...just bought 1 more. That'll be $75 worth of certificates for 1/2 that. The small print on these stated they were good until 2012!! great deal. So even if for some reason we don't use them this trip, I'll have them for next trip. It does state that the full amount must be spent at time of visit, as you will not get any money or any credit back. But if we go to Best Italian for lunch, that'll cover 2 lunches on one certificate, and then the other 2 certificates we can use for dinner at Bear Creek Grill as it seems to run between $15-$25 for a good dinner, and add on a glass of wine or two, we will have no problem spending the certificates in full! I'm excited to try a new restaurant this trip. I always seem to go to the same ones, as I like to stick to what I know is good...so here's hoping we enjoy Bear Creek! Seeing as they are in the same group as Best Italian and Howards, I'm sure they will be great!

I'll let y'all know how it was when I go the end of this month. Thanks again CG for the reminder.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bear Creek Grill

When we come up for Christmas I think we are going to try Las Ositas Cantina & Grill Mexican restaurant on Ski Mountain Rd instead of going to No Way Jose's,I want to try something different too.But you know Best Italian is always a MUST DO every trip.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bear Creek Grill

I'll be curious to hear how Las Ositas is. I like Mexican food a lot, and have been to No Way Jose's a couple of times. One time it was awful as far as service and food was so-so. The next time the service again was not so good, but was better than the previous time. So anyways, it'll be nice to have another choice for Mexican when in town. I just looked at their menu..look good. I saw this coupon on their site that is good until the 1st. Not sure if you saw it or not.

http://www.letseat.at/LasOsitas/coupons

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bear Creek Grill

I saw it on Restaurant.com.My mother and father in law went there(Los Ositas) and said everything is made fresh but you do have a bit longer to wait.Which I dont mind waiting if the food is worth it.As far as No Ways I think it is hit or miss.Oh bty here's a link to the Gatlinburg Christmas Parade I saw where you were wanting to watch it if someone recorded it.Im so ready to go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LULQyZ7_5MI

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bear Creek Grill

Thanks for the youtube link for the parade. I also just watched one of the videos of the Christmas Lights Parade at Dollywood. Love that parade as well. Somewhat reminded me of the nighttime light parades that I have seen at Disney. I love a good parade!

Evansville, IN
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bear Creek Grill

We've eaten at Bear Creek Grill a couple of times and always had excellent food and service. Also we have stopped there for drinks and appetizers. I think the place has gotten bad reviews in the past but we've never had anything to complain about there. Dep when will you be going?? we may run into each other there. lol.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bear Creek Grill

Cards...I'll be arriving on the 28th, the other girls will get there on the 29th. We are staying until the 1st. Thanks for your feedback on the restaurant. I did read about 10 of the reviews and it does seem to get either poor reviews due to service and cost, or really great reviews. Either way, I'm definitely gonna try to get there on this trip. If you are going to eat there on this trip as well, make sure to go to that halfoffdepot.com to see about a discounted certificate for 1/2 off.

I am going up a day earlier than the others as that way I can make it the places I like to go in case we are too busy to get there once they get into town. What dates are you going to be there?