We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleigh Rides??

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sleigh Rides??

Does anyone know of any sleigh rides offered in the area? I would love to go on one, but cannot seem to find any that are offered.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleigh Rides??

Dep.now that sounds fun.I dont think there is any but heres a couple of links.Ive looked too and I dont think there is never enough snow up there.

pickyourownchristmastree.org/Gatlinburg.php

www.echobrookefarm.com/carriage_page.htm

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening,

In the lane, snow is glistening,

a beautiful sight,

We're happy tonight.

Walking in a winter wonder land.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleigh Rides??

Hey I was thinking you might ask Bradmac he might know of some on the NC side.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sleigh Rides??

Thanks. I did look up old forum threads on this, and last one were from 2 years ago, so was hoping there might have been something that popped up the last couple of years. Cades Cove should really have these, how wonderful would that be?! I can't seem to find anything on the web. Any locals wanna start up a sleigh riding business? I'll be your first customer! lol =)

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sleigh Rides??

I know,You would think Cades Cove would have something like this but they never know when there will be snow or not.Now if you were going to Aspen,CO Im sure they would be alot of companies to choose from.Waldens Landing in Pigeon Forge has horse carrage rides and they are all decked out in decorations.I noticed River Rd has been closed for about the last week so I guess noone is able to get to Cades Cove right now but I think it is back open again and 441 closed at night due to ice refreezing on the roads.But it looks like it may be warming up there in the next few days.

Edited: 17 December 2010, 21:00
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sleigh Rides??

I don't know of any in NC, either. I guess the snowfall is too sporadic. It's a shame. That's fun idea!

6. Re: Sleigh Rides??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2011, 05:23