We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

The count down is on!!!

We are going to be there Dec.22-27 and hoping we can stay till New Years if things work out.

What all are you planning on doing while you are there and what restaurants do you plan on eating at.

What do you have planned for Christmas day?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

Be there for New Years Eve! I've called a few restaurants (for reservations, NYE night) heres what I was told;

Calhouns said they were booked for the night and not taking any more reservations for that night.

Smoky Mountain Brewery and Peddlers said they do not take early reservations and that we would have to call that day to make reservations.

Can't remember which one, but the lady said they were expecting a bigger crowd than usual. (not sure if she was talking about town wise or what) due to NYE falling on Friday night.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

I am surprised to heat that Calhoun's said they HAD been taking reservations. When I called around last week, they said they did NOT take reservations and that they will be accepting call ahead seating to put your name on the list. Hmmmm. Anyways, here was what I found when I called around to the these places last week. This was for NYE

----------------(from a previous thread)

Here is what I found out. They will list Call ahead, Reservations, or None if no special policies for that night.

Calhoun's: Call ahead

Cherokee Grill: None

Bennett's BBQ: Call Ahead

Legend's by Max: Call ahead

Best Italian: None

Howard's: Call ahead

Hard Rock: none, but possible to get preferred seating on-line

Smoky Mtn. Brewery: None

Park Grill: Call ahead

Peddler: Call ahead

Blaine's: Gotta call during weekday business hours to speak with Penny regarding their NYE policy...it's like pulling teeth to get an answer from them. Most likely due to having big NYE bash in nightclub area.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

I am going for NYE, and can't wait! I was told by some people that this is the busiest night for Gatlinburg and that town had the most people in it than any other day of the year. So they recommended eating early in order to not have to wait in upwards of 1-1/2 to 2 hours for a table. So our plan is to eat early and hopefully have some leftovers to snack on later in the evening. We had considered driving out of town for dinner that night, but realized that we then would most likely get stuck in lots of traffic coming back into town, so we are staying put for the day in town. We also are going to get out shopping in the area done either the day before or early in the day, because I'm sure once people start driving into town, it will be somewhat chaotic with everyone there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday trip. I'm already packing things, and it's still 10 days before I leave. lol

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

We have reservations made for Dec 27-30, bringing our 2 DGC with us, we want to be home for New Years Eve. I sure hope there is NO snow forecast for that time period, or we will cancel.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

wellsms...I too am hoping for no snow during that time as well. Having to drive from the Chicago area, the last thing I want to do this trip is have my 9-9 1/2 hours drive turn into any longer of a drive due to snow. I am anxiously watching the weather.com website each day to see the extended forecast. I know winter weather can change at any time, but here's to hoping a dry forecast for our trip!

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

Ive been watching the weather too and now it looks like they are saying it will be in the upper 40's in the day and mid 20's at night and no mention of snow.I know that can change but a few days ago they showed snow for Dec.23,24,25 but not now.

Wow we got snow last night at my house it was just a dusting but all the roofs are still covered in snow and it is so pretty,but the sun is out in full force now.

ohio
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

We are staying in PF for NYE, DH and I was wondering if we should try to go to Gatlinburg for the fireworks but, we may just stay in PF. Does any know how bad the traffic would be? Wondering if taking the trolley from PF would be a pain?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

Christophermommy, probably be best to take a trolley from PF to G-Burg for NYE night. This is what we will be doing too. Last year we were told the trolleys were running on a different time route (like a 45 min. delay??) for NYE night. Not sure if that will be the case this time or not. Anyone know??

ohio
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

TENN, do you live there in PF? or aire you staying in PF? We are staying at the RED ROOF Inn in PF. Wasn't sure if the trolley would be running that late, for bring us back. Anyone know about the Trolley schedule for NYE? Thanks

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's coming to Gatlinburg for Christmas & New Years Eve?

Here's the link to the trolley schedule.You might call and ask them about NYE.

www.ci.gatlinburg.tn.us/transit/schedules.htm