We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

Can you tell me the best way to get to Cades Cove from the Parkway in Gatlinburg? I saw that we could go up towards the welcome center and go that way, or we can go back down to Pigeon Forge and go that way. Which way would be the best or fastest way to get there?

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

Go to the welcome center and take a right. It is a beautiful drive to Cades Cove. Will take you about an hour if you pull off and look at the river. There is also Meigs Falls you can see from the road. Take your time and enjoy.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

I would take Jaded's advice and turn at the Welcome Center and follow Little River Rd . IMO, If you went through Wears Valley and over that way, you would miss so much. I love the drive to Cades Cove as much as I do Cades Cove! :) Besides, Meigs Falls, stop off at "The Sinks", too. It's so pretty there and their newly renovated

viewing area is very nice. Oh, don't forget to stop at Sugarlands ....they have a wonderful book store in there and all proceeds benefit the park. :)

Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

OK great!! Thanks so much for the help.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

I think that the fastest way to Cades Cove is to go into Pigeon Forge and turn left at Wears Valley Road, traffic light #3. It's about fifteen miles from Pigeon Forge to Townsend. The Wears Valley area is really scenic and the drive is a lot less twisty than Little River Road. Once you get to Townsend, turn left on Lamar Alexander Parkway and take until it ends in about a mile. Turn right and it's about seven miles to Cades Cove. The views are a lot wider this way. Little River Road is kind of hemed in.

5. Re: Best way to Cades Cove from Gatlinburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:19