We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

I just booked our Spring trip! It is with Timbercreek - the Pinecone Lodge. I've found some great info on this cabin. It's a 4 bedroom located on Hatcher Mountain Road. But, I'd appreciate anything more anyone may know. Thanks. Sparrow

www.timbercreekcabins.com

Edited: 29 December 2010, 04:32
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

We're very familiar with Timbercreek songsparrow, and we've never been disappointed in them.

PineCone Lodge is their most popular cabin rental. I'm sure you've seen the great reviews, and although we haven't stayed in this particular cabin, I wouldn't hesitate in renting, it's just never been available when we needed a cabin of that size.

I hope you'll let us know how it goes for you. It's hard to beat a Wears Valley location.

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

Thanks for the "Good News"! We have stayed in Wears Valley, but not with Timbercreek. They allowed us to look at an unbooked cabin once - very nice of them we thought. I saw a few reviews about Pinecone. I will look for more. Would I just google Timbercreek reviews? Thanks again, I can hardly wait. Sparrow

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

We LOVED Pinecone Lodge. I go away every Spring with a group of moms and we've always stayed at a Timbercreek cabin. We had the pleasure of staying at Pincecone Lodge a couple years ago when our group was bigger than normal and enjoyed every minute. The lay out allows everyone to have their own area without being crowded. We had 12 in our group that year. The sunrise was beautiful and peaceful. It's about 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge, but it wasn't a difficult drive at all. This year since we only have 6 going we are staying at Indian Springs (again). Have fun and enjoy the awesome deck areas!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

We LOVED Pinecone Lodge. I go away every Spring with a group of girls and we've always stayed at a Timbercreek cabin. We had the pleasure of staying at Pincecone Lodge a couple years ago when our group was bigger than normal and enjoyed every minute. The lay out allows everyone to have their own area without being crowded. We had 12 in our group that year. The sunrise was beautiful and peaceful. It's about 20 minutes from Pigeon Forge, but it wasn't a difficult drive at all. This year since we only have 6 going we are staying at Indian Springs (again). Have fun and enjoy the awesome deck areas!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

summerfrog, Indian Springs is another of our favorites. We saw plenty of wildlife around that cabin, including a nice sized bear on the stairs and decking, so be careful with your trash.

One of the things we love about that cabin is that it's so close to the national park. Of course the natural spring there is great, but the little streams that run by, especially after it rains, makes for a very relaxing atmosphere. The screen porch nice and large.

My only issues with that cabin are the grill, and the hot tub location. Other than that it was perfect.

If you think to, shoot us a review of your trip when you return. I'd like to know how Indian Springs is holding up, and if they made any changes. Thanks.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

I'll let you know about Indian Springs. We stayed there last year and loved it. We wanted to try Amazing Grace, but it was booked the weekend we're going.

Edited: 20 January 2011, 21:56
north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

Summerfrog81, Thanks for the reply. What was your opinion as far as to the closeness of other cabins? We like the seclusion. We stayed twice in a cabin offered by cabin fever vacations. It is east of Sevierville. It is in a "defunt" resort that has 2200 acres!! It is the ONLY cabin. We loved the cabin and views from farther up the road at this cabin. WONDERFUL!!! I google it every so often and saw there was an auction for the sites in this resort. So, we decided to look elsewhere. The cabin is The Raven's Eye - 3 bedroom. There can not be another cabin in the area like this. www.cabinfevervacation.com

Dawgcentral, I think I remember you talking to me long ago about Northern Exposure offered by Timbercreek. You really wanted to stay there. Did you ever get the chance? If so, what was your opinion? Sparrow

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

Nope, we have yet to stay in Northern Exposure. We've been able to find suitable cabins with the same company (Timbercreek) for a better price.

On our last visit, in September, we rented Ravenwood, which has a spectacular view of the valley. There were at least 6-7 switchbacks on the climb up to the cabin, so I probably would find another in winter, but this was probably my favorite cabin to rent so far. We had no real trouble on the road, just kept the gears in low and slowly made the climb.

What I also loved about Ravenwood was that we almost never heard another soul while up there. There is only one cabin located on that road above Ravenwood, so it's very secluded. The view from the hot tub was fantastic. One drawback was that there was no whirlpool inside, which is a usual requirement from my wife.

While Northern Exposure is a beautiful cabin, I think the only time we will be renting it would be if per chance we traveled with another couple. While the multiple floors and the layout provide privacy, it also presents challenges if we brought the grandchildren because of all the stairs. It would be difficult to justify the cost when it's just the two of us, and the locations we prefer are on the national park side of Wears Valley Road instead of the north side.

But someday when the situation and opportunity presents itself, we would be happy to stay there. It's great to be surrounded by trees in the spring, but it's difficult to stay in a cabin without a great mountain view at all times of the year. So many tough decisions.

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

I agree about wanting a great view. Pine Cone Lodge may be somewhat lacking in that respect, but we are going to give it a try. May I ask about the location on Ravenwood? I have read others comments about really liking that cabin for the same reasons you gave. Sparrow

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pinecone Lodge / Timbercreek Cabins

You take Bryan Rd. to Valley View, left on Clabo Rd, then right on Ravens Den Way.

On the map it appears to be a fairly straight route, but in actuality there are, as mentioned before, many switchbacks and turns in the road. The road is narrow in some places, and the turns won't be navigated while passing another vehicle, yet since there are so few cabins up there, we rarely had any opposing traffic. When that situation did occur, there was always courtesy shown, and passing was accomplished easily enough.

Lots of people have issues with the steep roads, and while they can be a problem, we have learned to deal with them even when slick with rain by dropping the gears into D-1 or D-2, and slowly making the steep turns and climbs. Over time I've learned to do this while never even spinning the wheels on the vehicle. Of course snow and ice would present more problems in a 2wd.

Overall, it was a great cabin. The lack of an indoor jacuzzi was the only thing that made it less than perfect for us.