We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Lobster / Olive garden

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Red Lobster / Olive garden

I thought I had read some where (last year or year before) where Red Lobster (or Olive Garden or both) were going to be built on the right as going into G-burg from PF direction. Is it there? Did I miss something?? The past few times we have been up there, I keep for getting to look to see what is in this location. (we are to busy watching the roads & traffic in this area :)

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

There is no Red Lobster or Olive Garden in Gatlinburg and I havent heard anything about them coming to the area.There is a Red Lobster at 1600 Parkway Sevierville and Olive Garden at1570 Parkway Sevierville.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

If I am not mistaken, those restaurants were mentioned when the plans for the Big Elk Resort and Lodge where first announced, which apparently the developers for that property are in no rush to get it completed. It said there was to be 7 restaurants there and not sure if if people were just speculating what they were going to be or if someone had heard something for sure. I do remember those two being talked about though. That's probably what you were thinking about since it's on the right just as you come into town. Needless to say, I don't think those restaurants are coming to town any time soon. ;)

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

Since both restaurants are in nearby Sevierville, I'd be surprised if the franchise allowed another set in the same county. Of course, I've been wrong before!

I've eaten at, and enjoyed eating at, both restaurants, too!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

Yeah, you're probably wrong on this one Brad! jk...LOL .

Seriously, other places like TGI Fridays and Texas Roadhouse have 3 restaurants in the same county there and many chains have multiple locations in the county where I live. I'm sure if the demand is there, they'll do it but like I said above, I doubt they are coming any time soon if that was the location mentioned.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

"Yeah, you're probably wrong on this one Brad! jk...LOL ."

You sound like my wife! (Except she doesn't add the "just kidding, for some reason) LOL!

Edited: 10 January 2011, 18:21
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

I know where the Olive Garden is, but where is a Red Lobster at. I must have missed it somewhere.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

Hagerhill...it's right next to Olive Garden.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

Yep, that was it, they were to go in with another development. Yes I read it on here (last year or maybe the year before)

Thanks everybody, I was just curious, do remember a few buildings being torn down in that area and even remember seeing construction work going on. It appears they are in no hurry to get things built there or did they run out of money like the Belle Island project?

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

I think they have things on hold for now.I was looking forward to Belle Island and it sounded like it was going to be awesome.I guess time will tell whats in store for both of them.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Lobster / Olive garden

I was looking forward to Belle Island, too. They were supposed to have something with otters that sounded like it would be fun to see. There was also supposed to be a Debbie Reynold's Hollywood movie memorabilia museum there, too. I saw her museum in Las Vegas years ago and she had quite an impressive collection. I read that she has since filed chapter 11 and pieces of her collection are to be auctioned off sometime this year. That's too bad and too bad that Belle Island couldn't have been finished to maybe save her museum. I just feel bad that all that work was done on it and now the buildings are probably just going to rot away. If only I was a billionaire...I would save it! LOL