We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

Has anyone used a grocery delivery service in the area and what are your recommendations? We visit once or twice a year and I dread the arrival trip to Walmart every time. We will be staying a week this time and would gladly pay to use a service if they were reputable.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

I did do a search after I read your post, as I had not heard of this being offered in the area, except knowing that some certain cabin companies have an option to have certain groceries stocked for you when you check into the cabin.

This is the only delivery service I found in the area that delivers,. I have never used this type of service in this area, so cannot really say if they are good, and honest. Their site says you send them your detailed grocery list, so that is better than some other grocery delivery companies that require you to use their prices listed on their site for your groceries. This site just seems to require a 'delivery fee' and you simply pay the usual grocery store bill, which is great, although the delivery fee of $24.99 is a lot in my opinion, but worth it for some people who hate grocery shopping or don't have time to do it.

https:/…Home.html

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

I noticed that Smoky Mountain Grocery is now also a source for tickets to some of the local attractions and shows. Their site says they are offering a discounted price but I haven't looked at it in detail to see if their prices are good.

Although I've never used SMG, on our last trip to Disney we used a similar service that delivered our tickets to all the things we were visiting and we did save money plus enjoyed the convenience of having them delivered. Hopefully, SMG will be priced competitively with the tickets - might help offset the delivery charge for groceries if you order everything at the same time.

One thing I do want to mention is that during the big snowstorm that hit the area during the Christmas holidays SMG was delivering groceries to guests who were snowed in. If I remember right they actually used a four wheeler to get to a cabin that is owned by an acquaintance of mine.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

We have used Smoky Mountain Grocery for the past two years when coming up for our Gatlinburg annual vacation. I can highly recommend both their service and their prices. We use their pre-arrival delivery service and have yet to be disappointed. There is nothing nicer after a long drive than opening that cabin door and having a fully stocked kitchen! :)

KY
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

RBG,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I saw SMG's website and it made me ask. Looks like they are the only business like it, genius! I usually bring groceries with me and still have to stop at the store in town. This would be a great treat for me to be on vacation from grocery shopping;)

CMG

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

In September, we stopped in and talked to a young lady behind the counter who turned out to be one of the owners. She and her husband bought the place a short time ago. They are from Houston and were regular visitors to the area, and they are fulfilling their dream by living in the area and running their own business.

We were actually in search of a cup of coffee when we stopped in there, and there was coffee brewing when we arrived. We picked up a few snacks but didn't see anything in regards to major grocery shopping.

For a short time that building was occupied by a hardware store. I thought it was pretty cool to have a hardware store in that location, but I can see how it didn't pan out. I imagine that most contractors are pretty well prepared before venturing into the valley for work, and it's difficult to compete with the big outfits outside of the area.

Elkhart, Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

We have used Smoky Mountain Grocery also. We visits the area several times a year. We have 4 children, and you know what a disaster grocery shopping can be. This can take Hours. We will NEVER shop for groceries on vacation again. All we do is call in our order a few days before we plan to arrive and it's done. They contact the cabin company we are staying with and the groceries are there when we arrive. How cool is that? They will get you anything you order. They have gone to Walmart, Krogers, Foodcity, the Florist and even a local bakery for us. For $24.99, this is a STEAL. My wife loves vacationing again, all because she dosn't have to grocery shop anymore. If your going to visit the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, you can guess that we highly recommend Smoky Mountain Grocery. They have a great phone number too. 877-4-Vittles.

Crestview Fl.
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

The Smoky Mountain Grocery sounds great, do they charge just grocery store prices and the delivery charge, or do they add an extra percentage to the groceries. This will save us so much time and energy!!!

8. Re: Grocery Services in PF, GBurg area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 11:16