We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Topic
McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

McCutchans Brass Grill located at 710 Parkway is now closed and Best Italian is now there. This is one of my favorite restaurants and will miss not being able to sit on the patio by the river but Howards Steakhouse has the same patio.

dininginthesmokies.com/_gatlinb/mccutchans_b…

Edited: 26 February 2011, 06:31
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

I think this is a great move for them. McCutchans use to be very nice inside when it was the brass lantern ( we haven't been since it changed) and i know it's a better location since it's right on the pkwy. I wander what they will put in the old best itallian?

Ooltewah, TN
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

I called them this morning ....... the Elks Plaza location is still open. The new location will have a partial menu from the present location plus burgers, steaks etc. The present location menu remains the same.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

I am very glad to hear that Best Italians original location will stay where it is. That is always one of my must do's when in town during the warmer weather, is to sit out on the patio and listen to the stream and enjoy the fresh air. It actually is quite smart of the owner to combine the two restaurants which it sound like they will be doing at the McCutcheons location. (Both restaurants are owned by same people).

Having the different variety on the menu at McCutcheons location (or now labeled as Best Italian Parkway), will bring in different clientele. McCutcheons had a bit higher prices and by adding the lower priced burgers and some of the pastas will allow for more business most likely.

Also just changing the name itself will bring in business. The 'Best Italian' name gets spoken of a lot on this website and therefore that alone will bring more business to this location.

Smart move owners!

Edited: 26 February 2011, 19:01
SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

The OP seems to lament that Best Italian is closing their creekside location, which is an(other) outright falsehood.

THANK YOU, deputy836, for having the time to debunk another myth.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 20:29
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

34, When I pulled up the link on Discover the Smokies it didnt mention if the old location was still going to be there.It just said McCutchans is now Best Italian Parkway.

But once again Thank you so much for your Sarcastic asides and snide comments that you seem to keep making on the forums.Which are by the way against the rules.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 20:57
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

Actually it was tnhacker that called to inquire about the change, that was able to determine that the original location would remain open. I think that CG most likely assumed the other location would be closing.

As long as I can get my Garlic Rolls and my Baked Ziti, I am good. But as long as I have the option of sitting out on that patio at Best Italian, I will keep going to the original location. I will say though that the past couple of times I ate at Best Italian, the service has gone downhill and has gotten quite slow. Hopefully they address this issue, as it can make or break a nice meal.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

I like sitting out on the patio too(plus free parking).But there is always Howards and they share the same patio.Yes I assumed that the other location would be closed because I couldnt see them having 2 locations so close together.But alot of people assume on here and theres no need for people to be rude about it.People do make mistakes we are not perfect by no means.

I cant wait to eat some of those Garlic Rolls either. Yum Yum!!

Edited: 26 February 2011, 21:56
8. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 01:05
9. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 01:05
Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: McCutchans Closed...Best Italian is at that location now.

So this new place is going to have food from both McCutchans and Best Italian? Is that right?

How was McCutchans food? We used to love the original Brass Lantern but never went in there after McCutchans took over. I think we may try to new location since we've never tried Best Italian either.