We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg in late March

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg in late March

I am thinking about visiting Gatlinburg in late March over spring break. Can anyone tell me if the weather in late March is fairly warm, and are the leaves on the trees yet? Also, are some of the major attractions closed at this time of year? Thanks!

Marshall, North...
Level Contributor
384 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg in late March

The weather in March is tricky!!!! Sometimes it will be 60's or maybe snowing!! Some of the flowers will be blooming but the best time for that is April. Im really not sure on the attractions. It depends what you are interested in. We usually spend most of our time in the park!!!

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg in late March

Thank you for your quick response! I am actually inquiring for someone else who will be traveling with three boys age 12 and under, so I imagine that they will want to do the go-karts and golf and other kid-friendly activities at least part of the time, but if it sometimes snows in March, then I'm guessing that some of those types of places may not be open yet.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg in late March

Sometimes it does snow later in March but usually only in the higher elevations. There are usually no leaves back on the trees until later in April. Dollywood will not open until April 1st but i think most everything else will be open.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg in late March

Thank you!