We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

Dunlap, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

Group of 4 families looking for lodging from July 9 -16.

We would like an area where we each have our own place but could gather together ie: central firepit, swimming pool, picnic area etc.... (more compound style) Would prefer that the cabins are equipped rather than rustic..

Anyone know of any place?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

I see you're not getting much activity in the way of responses on this topic, and I'm afraid it's going to continue.

I've considered, in the past, a similar arrangement for extended family. I have noticed that some cabin companies like "Mountain Rentals of Gatlinburg", will post cabins within walking distance of each other as you browse their website, though this is not a company that I recommend often.

My thinking is you're going to need to do some work over the phone on this one. Your best bet is going to be in a resort setting, and there are a great number of them in the area. I hope you find success, and if you can, let us know the results, so that this topic can be referenced at a later time for others making plans of the same nature.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

I cannot couch for this cabin company as I have not stayed with themyet, but will be staying with them in 3 weeks. The resort we are staying at is called Blackberry ridge through Cabins USA in Pigeon Forge. I do know they have a pool, but not sure about a firepit or a picnic area. They do have quite a few cabins in this resort. I do think there may even be other cabin companies that area l think they are Eden Crest, and Cabin Fever Vacations. The resort also states that there is a nature trail there.

cabinsusa.com/rentals-list/resort/Blackberry…

If you want a compound style place with the fire pit and picnic areas, you may want to look into Jellystone Campground in Cosby, which is about 12 miles from Gatlinburg. But with very easy access into both towns. They have various sized cabins to rent and have all that you asked for. Although not upscale as the other cabin types are, they do have kitchens and amenities.

www.greatsmokyjellystone.com/rentals.html

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

cobblynob.com/the_smoky_mountain_lodge.htm

I haven't stayed in the lodge but I do stay with Cobbly Nob-Greenbriar Valley rentals 2-3 times a year and do not have any complaints.

Rincon Georgia
Level Contributor
830 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

Try Cabins USA. On their website you can choose resort area's and see what cabins are in the same resort. We have stayed in Cabins at the Crossing Resort and they are all within walking distance and there is a sort of large covered area at the pool where you could all get together. Another resort near there is Rainbow Ridge. I have never stayed there, but the cabins all look to be in walking distance of each other.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

If you look at www.edencrest.net and check out cabins in Bear Creek Crossing. We stayed there a couple of years ago. It's gated and as you drive in there is a large grassy area in the front that would be great for football, frisbee, etc. I asked my husband and my son but we can't remember if there was a pavilion there. We all think it was a covered bridge that went over a creek, but you could ask a rental agent to be sure. There is a nine hole mini putt putt golf course. There is an indoor and outdoor pool. There is also a club house but I think that is a rental for special events. Again, you could ask the rental agents at Edencrest. If you go to their website and choose a cabin with Bear Creek Crossing as the location, there are pictures at the end of each cabin of the putt putt course and the pools.

6. Re: Cabin lodging for 4 families in the Smoky Mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:19