We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental home in chalet village

miami
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
rental home in chalet village

I'm looking at a rental home that is located on Sourwood Drive in Chalet Village. What kind of roads will we be on to get to this house?

How far would we be from town?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rental home in chalet village

The roads in Chalet Village are narrow (2 lane) and winding, and steep in places. Not bad if you take it easy. The roads are paved, so any type car will be fine. Sourwood is in North Chalet Village, which is convenient to both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, maybe a couple of miles. It is easy to get in and out of that area if you turn by the Visitor Center and follow Wiley Oakley up the mountain.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental home in chalet village

You can see that road and others in the area on Google maps. Go to http://maps.google.com/ and type in Sourwood Drive, Gatlinburg and you'll get a great view of the roads. I've never stayed in that area but sure looks like some great mountain views from there. :)

Georgia
Level Contributor
477 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental home in chalet village

We are booked for April to stay in Chalet Village on N. Baden Dr. I was told by the owner that it was a four minute drive to downtown Gatlinburg. I was also told that the roads are easily navigable. Since I live in the North Georgia Mountains I'm hoping that I won't find it too much difference then some of the mountain roads around here.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental home in chalet village

We just returned from Gatlinburg and stayed in the Chalet Village area off Wiley Oakley. As one person stated, the roads are narrow and curvy but you'll be fine if you just take it easy.

Enjoy your stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rental home in chalet village

If you go to google maps like mentioned, you can switch to satalite and use street view to actually see the roads you will be driving on. Just move the little yellow man to the spot you want to see. Pretty cool!

Tiffin, Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rental home in chalet village

I'm from NW Ohio where it's flat as a pancake, and I've stayed up in that area for the last 6 or 7 years. I've never had any problems (well except last year when I bumped the keys with my knee and turned the car off on the way down...quite exciting!) As long as you use your lower gears coming down and not your brakes, it's a snap.

7. Re: rental home in chalet village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:18