We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

24 Days for trip #1 this year

121 Days for trip # 2 this year

205 Days for trip#3 this year

I don't know which one I'm looking forward to the most. Each trip we are doing different things. In April, we're taking the boys down for a family vacation with my brother and sister in law. In July hubby and I are riding the motorcycleall over lol. And in Oct. we are taking our best friends down to do whatever they want. We took them with us last fall and they loved it so much they want to go back. I'm so excited for each trip!!!!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

Our Trips that are already booked for the year:

trip 1: 11 days - hotel

trip 2 : 85 days - cabin

trip 3 : 275 days - cabin

Trip 1: this trip is just me and hubby getting away for a short little trip

Trip 2: this is our family vacation in June, this time we are staying in a cabin looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub and grilling out.

Trip 3: This will be our second family Christmas tradition trip,where we stay in a cabin and I cook our Christmas dinner, and then relax in the hot tub after cooking all day.

I can't wait to go. I love Tennessee, someday I hope to own my own cabin and never leave.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

ohhh, I would love to spend Christmas in the Smokies. My father in law passed away almost 3 years ago and my mother in law loves having everyone together for the holidays so I would never attempt to not be there. Some day it may be a possibility.

Wow, 11 days, I'm sure you are thrilled to death. =)

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

That's so exciting, you know if you have a smart phone you can get an app for a count down clock that will keep up with the days for you:)

I guess we won't make it until Thanksgiving, my next trip will be to the beach and we just returned from Disney World. If I tell hubby I want to go to Gburg he just might shoot me!

Edited: 28 March 2011, 02:35
Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

11 days for me too!! 4 days at the cabin and then 4 days at hotels. Can't wait. Gonna spend the weekend doing the usual things as a couple of friends that will be with me this 1/2 of the trip have never been to the area, so I am playing tour guide. The latter half of the trip, it will be just me, so I will get to meander around and go on daily road trips to some of the surrounding areas!! :-)

Hope everyone else has a great trip as well!

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,420 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

I know what you mean. We booked our PF trip a few months ago for August so now that is over with I find i need to occupy my time and book another trip for June (Aug too far for our family trip so wanted to book a 3 nighter with just me and the kids at the beach in Wildwood, so it wont seem so long of a wait). It really does keep me going planning my trips. If i didnt have that i would be soooo depressed. lol. Now more focused on the first trip I planned but i know once that is over with will focus on my Tennessee trip again.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 20:46
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

49 more days for the wife and I..........seems like years......:p

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

Eight days for trip number one!!! It's Spring Cleaning at the cabin, but still love being in the mountains.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
784 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

Only 27 sleeps until we visit the smokies for the first time.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

Tom, you are too lucky. I would even be excited for a trip down even if it was just for spring cleaning. lol . Have fun!!!!

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
262 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Counting down the days...hubby says "You're ate up!"

135 days until a nice relaxing romantic 6 night getaway!!! I've been to the area once but I was only about 12 years old. Can't wait for this trip!