We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Grill

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Park Grill

Does anyone know if they still have early bird specials at the Park Grill? I checked their website but didn't find any information on it. We had the early bird special when we were there last and I would like to go back there. Thank you in advance for any responses.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Grill

They are open at 5PM on weekdays and 4:30 PM on Saturdays, and the last time we ate there, (not sure what day it was), we had to wait just a few minutes for seating since they were not quite open at that time. I say this because I don't recall any early bird special what so ever.

A meal at the Park Grill is a splurge for us anyway, since we usually eat any evening meal at the cabin, so I wasn't really looking for a special,..but I think I would have noticed. We were the first ones in there that evening.

Indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Grill

Thank you for the response. We were there last the end of August and the early bird special started when they opened and ended at 6:00 PM, I remember that. There was only a handful of people in there and started getting busier as we were leaving. Since it is so expensive I was hoping they still had the specials. I'll check their menu outside before we go in.

Illinois
Level Contributor
217 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Grill

I don't think they call it "Early Bird Specials", but yes they do have a "value menue" or "specials menue" that offer smaller portions at reduced prices from the regular menue items.

Indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Grill

They actually called it Early Bird Menu on the paper menu I got from the front of the restaurant when we were there last in August. I called the Park Grill before we left and was told they no longer have the Early Bird Menu. We decided to go to their sister restaurant, The Peddlar, since we had not eaten there before. Next time we'll go back to Park Grill.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Grill

Indygreene:

we were thinking of trying the Cherokee Grill or the Peddler when we go down in May.....but I noticed you said you would go back to the Cherokee next time.....was there something about the Peddler you did not like?

We have pretty well made it a tradition to go to Calhouns, and thought we would try something different this time. I have read good reviews on both the Peddler and Cherokee and would appreciate your input.

Indiana
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Grill

mokefuzz, we have not been to the Cherokee Grill, it was the Park Grill we were at before. The Park Grill is the sister restaurant to The Peddler.

Both my husband and I had the Marinated Chicken at The Peddler. The picture of it on their website looks very good, but did not look like that on our plates. Also, they cooked it with the skin on, which I did not expect. Any boneless chicken I have ever ordered was skinless. Also, I ordered the sweet potato casserole as my side. I asked them before ordering what was in it. I was told sweet potatos, brown sugar and nuts. When I received it there was no nuts in it that I could taste, but was loaded with coconut. I would not have ordered it if I had been told it had coconut in it.

I have read numerous reviews about how good their steaks are. My husband noticed when "The Peddler" came around, table to table with the cart, that he was cutting the steaks and then would take the menus from people with his bare hands and put the menus on a lower shelf on the cart. My husband did not find it appetizing that the same person cutting the meat would then handle menus, and then proceed to the next table and do the same thing. We were glad we hadn't ordered the steaks. We tried The Peddler but would go back to The Park Grill next time.

You mentioned Calhouns, and we had our best meal there this trip. I had the Steak Calhoun and it was very good. My husband and I will definately return there on our next trip.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Grill

indygreene;

...well,so much for reading and typing to ask a question at work!

What I did mean to ask why the Park Grill (not the Cherokee Grill) was the one you were going to return to....but, hey, thanks for the response and I promise to read and type properly next time!

p.s. I think we'll stick with Calhouns.....never been let down there so far!

8. Re: Park Grill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 05:15