We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herndon, Virginia
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

Hello everyone,

My family of 6 (all boys -- 17, 15, 13, and 8) are very interested in hiking in the Smokies this summer (mid-Aug). I have looked at a lot of the cabin choices via Timber Tops, as they seem very nice and I like to relax in luxury after a day of hiking! I am most interested in the secluded ones as we are not particularly interested in the resort options, wanting a less touristy vacation. If anyone has stayed in the following cabins, I would love an opinion!

"Moonlight Memories" (Wears Valley area)

"Pleasant View"

"Misty Shadows"

"Mountain Manor" (although it looks a bit big for us)

"A Gatlinburg Escape"

Thanks in advance!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with these particular cabins, but we have used Timber Tops in the past with great success.

Good luck in your search!

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

I haven't used them but have a reservation for this coming Fall with them. If you call them or talk to them online in their "chat" area they will be more than happy to help you find a secluded area.

3. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 15:12
4. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 15:12
Edited: 13 April 2011, 15:12
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
100 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

We have stayed at Timeber Tops but I haven't stayed at those particular cabins you have mentioned. We have stayed with them 3 times in the past 4 years. The cabins we have reserved were a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom (twice). All in Gatlinburg off Ski Mountain Road (close to Ober Gatlinburg), about 15 minutes to the main strip. I found the cabins to be in great shape, nice secluded location. All top of the line appliances. Nice size hot tub on the deck with a nice view (which we had mountain view in the 2 bedroom but not the 4 bedroom) and a nice game room for the kids. I don't remember the names of the cabins that we stayed in. The 2 bedroom had a lap pool and the 4 bedroom had a mini theater inside. I hope this helps, although you were wanting an opinion/advice on the cabins you had mentioned, but I thought I would give you my opinion on the cabins itself, maybe they could relate to the ones you are thinking of reserving. Have fun!!

6. Re: Timber Tops Secluded Cabins - Choices!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 08:20