We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choices

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
253 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choices

Arriving this weekend for a night stay. Narrowed it down to The Bearskin Lodge or the Park Visat Double Tree...pros/cons or is there something else in this price range that I am missing. Thanks in advance.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choices

We love both hotels. The bearskin lodge is right on river rd. and is within walking distance to most things down town. Park vista is way up the hill, but the trolley does come right to the front door. Not sure of their price ranges this weekend but, you may want to also look at Hilton garden Inn , hampton Inn, or clarion. HTH

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choices

Both are great lodging! The Park Vista has fantastic views, but is not as close and convenient to town as the Bearskin Lodge. The Bearskin Lodge is within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg.com/hotels is the local Chamber of Commerce's website, and is a good resource for vacationing in Gatlinburg.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,535 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choices

I think that the biggest con with the Park Vista is the distance from downtown. It's a mile or so up Historic Motor Nature Trail Road on a hill. The Bearskin is much closer to downtown. We are not big on lodging in Gburg, but we've stayed at the Park Vista twice, but not since it has been remodled. The Gburg trolley does stop at the Park Vista's front door, so if you go into downtown, you don't have to pay to park. We have never stayed at The Bearskin, but friends of mine that have stayed there have liked it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choices

The Park Vista has a bar, a restaurant, and some nice views.

Might think about the Hilton Garden Inn. Almost new. Probably similar in price.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,744 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choices

The bear skin is a great choice especially if your just there for one night. You will be close to everything, once you park at the hotel you won't even need to get in your car. There are great restaurants close by and walking distance to anything you need. Take a stroll down river road to enjoy the peace and quiet of the town then over to the parkway to see the city.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choices

I think Bearskin Lodge is the best choice since you can park your car and walk everywhere. I have never stayed there but we did go in and check out the rooms and they were very nice. But we have stayed at Hampton Inn and it is very nice too also you can stay parked and not have to move your car till you leave. But Park Vista has the best views of any Hotel in Gatlinburg. I would love to stay there just for the views. But you do have to get on the tenth floor and up for the views. any of these places you will be happy I'm sure.

7. Re: Hotel choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 00:17