We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Synchronous Fireflies

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Synchronous Fireflies

I understand there is a shuttle from the Sugarlands visitor center to the meadow to watch the fireflies. Can you tell me what dates that shuttle runs. I know if is in June, but when exactly. thanks!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Synchronous Fireflies

I hope this helps:

Trolleys will run between the Sugarlands Visitor Center and Elkmont on June 6-14 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (but will end earlier in the evening if the parking lot fills up). The last trolley back to the Visitor Center will leave Elkmont at 11:00 p.m.

For more information call the Park at 865-436-1200

Tennessee
Level Contributor
884 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Synchronous Fireflies

this what i found:

The following Gatlinburg trolley services will be provided for $1 (roundtrip) per person from June 5 through June 13.

-Starting at 7 p.m., visitors may board the trolley from the Sugarlands Visitor Center. Trolleys will run every 20-25 minutes. It will take you to the Little River Trailhead at Elkmont. The last trolley back leaves at 11 p.m. (no private vehicles will be allowed into the Elkmont entrance after 5 p.m.- the trolley is the only transportation in and out unless you are a registered camper at Elkmont…in other words, you won’t be able to simply drive up into Elkmont to experience this…you must either be camping in Elkmont or ride the trolley).

-Bring a blanket or a small lawn chair to sit on, a flashlight or two (cover them with red cellophane to minimize white lights), and a backpack with refreshments. The only amenities available are portable toilets.

-Park rangers and volunteers will be available in various locations for questions, guided walks, and assistance.

-No pets or alcoholic beverages allowed.

-If attempting to take pictures or video, do not use a flash. Not only does it disturb the fireflies, but your picture will turn our horrible. Try turning the flash off, setting your aperture to f11 and taking a long exposure of a few seconds. You’ll get a spooky looking glow…very cool!

-The last trolley services back will be at 11 pm.

3. Re: Synchronous Fireflies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:19