We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Colorado
7 posts
Save Topic
Dollywood Vacation Rentals

Has anyone rented any of the cabins from Dollywood Vacation Rentals? Did you find things as advertised? We are in our 50's with my son, daughter-in-law and three grandchildren ages 11, 7 & 5 and are wanting to make sure we all have a great experience. We're looking at An Escape to the View, Born to be Wild, A Five Starr Retreat, Serenity and Birds Eye View cabins. Thanks for your input.

Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

bump

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

Just wondering if you might want to post on Pigeon Forge forum too?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

While I haven't stayed in those particular cabins, by the names it looks as though they are in Starrcrest Resort, and we did take the grandkids and stay there once.

The resort is very close to Dollywood and Splashworld, so that's convenient. It's also near the parkway, so the Old Mill and other places to eat are just minutes away.

The pool at that resort is very small. People have been known to complain about that. The pool is also at/near the bottom of the resort, with very hilly roads. The playground is closer to the top of the resort.

Not sure how you have found the pricing for lodging when it comes to Dollywood Vacations, and whatever packages they might be offering, but I've never been able to find a package that I couldn't beat simply booking by myself. They send me emails all the time, and I have yet to see one I would snatch up.

Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

Thanks for the info. I searched for dollywood vacations and some have mentioned the same things as you, overpriced, etc. The more I look the more confused I get. There are so many properties available. What attracted me to the Dollywood vacations though was the 10% discount for military which my son is, and the fact that you get unlimited access to Dollywood after purchasing the one day ticket and free access to Spash Park for a day and the free/reserved parking when there. Those alone would cost my family $500+ with the miliatry discount if purchased by itself. I'm also reading that Dollywood is very expensive (food/drink/activity wise) so we're thinking about skipping that on this trip since there are so many other things to do in the area. Thanks again!

Colorado
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

done, thanks for the info.

6. Re: Dollywood Vacation Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 22:18