We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
395 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Rafting

With kids 7,8,9 overweight mom but still active, 6 ft dad --we want to do rafting either in Tennesse or North Carolina --any recommendations?

I have heard of Wildwater and NOC(good morning america). I am most interested in safety and then having a great experience. Would like to spend more time on the water than getting there and back.

Any comments or help

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting

Both companies are fine, but the NOC is the best of the best. See their website at www. noc.com

Edited: 22 April 2011, 06:28
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting

NOC is one of the oldest companies and provides first class service. Wildwater is also a first rate company. I have rafted with both and will use them any day. NOC was an outpost located on 441 just before you enter the park in Gatlinburg. With the ages of the kids they will have to raft the pigeon river which is just outside of Gatlinburg near the state line.

John

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting

Both companies are great. They have both been in business about the same length of time (NOC 1972, WW 1971). Both are reputable for thier commitment to safety. You would be making a good choice either way. HTH!

www.NOC.com

www.WildwaterAdventureCenters.com

4. Re: Rafting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 17:16