We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoky mountain outdoors

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
smoky mountain outdoors

We're thinking of rafting with this company in the beginning of August. We're a family of 4 with 2 children ages 9 and 11 and have only done "float trips". I'm a nervous mother and not a big fan of roller coasters. Do you think we (I) will be able to handle the upper pigeon raft trip with Smoky Mountain Outdoors Whitewater rafting. I see they get rave reviews.Thanks.

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: smoky mountain outdoors

ummm, let's start with,"How well do you all swim?"

You ALL do swim, right?

OK, just checking...You're gonna get pitched around in that raft-only YOU know if you can handle that.

You're gonna get wet- how are you with that?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoky mountain outdoors

While I'm not familiar with the company, if I were you, I might give them a call and just feel them out on the subjects that concern you. If I got a sense that they were avoiding my concerns, or if they seemed simply uninformed, I might back away.

If the company in question has been around awhile, see if they have some sort of safety record they can point to. There's no reason that you cannot inquire as to how they handle these issues and concerns. If they seem hesitant to reassure you, I might reconsider my options.

3. Re: smoky mountain outdoors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:16