We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants in GB

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Restaurants in GB

Just returned and saw signs for a few new Restaurants That I have not seen mentioned on the forum.

Johnny Rockets and Loco Burro opening on the Parkway beside Macdonalds in the middle of town.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurants in GB

Hi,

I also saw on www.discoverthesmokies.com that Dick's Last Resort & the Mellow Mushroom were open(ing) in Gatlinburg. Also The Melting Pot is coming to town too.

Lots of changes seem to be happening this Spring!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Restaurants in GB

I'm looking forward to having a Mellow Mushroom in GB, but I have no interest in Dick's Last Resort.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Restaurants in GB

I agree with Brad i have no interest in Dick's but the others seem to be good options. I was quite surprised at Dick's this past weekend it was packed. We have mellow mushroom and jonny rockets here so we probably won't visit it when were there but it is nice to see that business is going in the right direction.

Angola, Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Restaurants in GB

We ate at Johhny Rockets today 11/22/11 and it was just okay. Four of us shared two burgers, two onion rings, and four milk shakes. $58 including tip. Not acceptable to me and we won't go back as that's way too much for what we got. The service was not that great either. Just my take.

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
852 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Restaurants in GB

we have a Jonny rockets here too and they are a little high for what you get... the food is pretty good but pricey.....

We did go to the mellow mushroom..in GB, other than feeling a little rushed, it was good.... the food was excellant!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Restaurants in GB

Capnemo: Thanks for the information. I thought about trying this place next month but that is ridiculous for basically a fast food joint.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Restaurants in GB

Wow! That bill was a little steep at Johnny Rockets considering you shared the burgers. As for the Mellow Mushroom, is it just a pizza place? Anything special about it?

Thanks.

Cindy

Horn Lake...
Level Contributor
2 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Restaurants in GB

We were at Jonny Rockets on November 26, 2011. The place was at most only 50% full. As we entered no one greated us, we went over to someone at the cash register and they said someone would seat us and proceeded to ignore us for several minutes while they were doing what they were doing, several other employee's looked at us but said nothing. Finally she indicated to follow her while looking very inconvienenced. She said someone would be with us. Employee's walked by but said nothing, no one ever came to take our order, after 10 minutes of setting at the table we got up and left. We figured no one wanted our money so we went to Shoney's a few doors down, immediately was seated, got our food quickly... We gave a good tip for the server at Shoney's. So much for Johnny Rockets...

Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Restaurants in GB

I wonder if Johnny Rockets and Loco Burro are ran by the same ownership? We were in the Burro on 11/25 and were very disappointed, both in level of service and quality of food.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Restaurants in GB

We got a take out pizza at Mellow Mushroom this past Friday while at the Craft show.

It was very good and not a bad price.