We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Richmond, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

We went to Cades Cove last Wednesday and I shot this cute video of a mother bear and her cub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WhPGv4alE

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Thanks for sharing! I haven't been lucky enough to see a bear yet (ideally from a safe distance, preferably in my car, or nearby lol), but we are hoping we can see some this June!

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Thanks for sharing your video. I was there on May 3rd and 5th and saw some,too....the first for me except for once before but they were only black dots off in the far distance. . There were two different mamas with triplets. Unfortunately I got there a little too late to see most of the babies....just one of them each day but they were adorable. Wonder if this is one of the ones I saw?

Richmond, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

I think it all comes down to being at the right place at the right time. Sometimes we don't we any. We really hit the jackpot this time. We saw 6 bears total. The other ones were further away.

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Soooooo

cuteeee!!!!!

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Thank you for sharing! I'm going to have to show my boys in the morning. We leave on Saturday and this ust made me even more excited!

Edited: 01 June 2011, 04:13
Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

So cute! We are never that lucky to see the bears! Maybe our July trip we will be lucky!

Thanks for sharing!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

Nice catch!

8. Re: Mother Bear and Cub in Cades Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:18