We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming holes along route 66 for august

milano
13 posts
Save Topic
swimming holes along route 66 for august

hello! we'll be travelling the route 66 in august: can you please tell us wich is your favourite swimming hole or creek, just to stop and refresh. it can be as far as 1 hour drive, more if it's really unmissable.we like a lot blue and clear waters and waterfalls (but I thnik they're overcrowded in august, isn't it?)THANK YOU!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming holes along route 66 for august

I think you have the wrong forum or wrong highway number. There is no route 66 or highway 66 in the Gatlinburg area. US Route 66 runs from Chicago to LA.

Edited: 02 July 2011, 22:59
Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming holes along route 66 for august

Coastermeister...Winfield Dunn Parkway is also called Hwy 66 through Kodak and Sevierville but I think the OP might have meant the historic Rt 66, too

Edited: 03 July 2011, 00:32
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming holes along route 66 for august

I always thought that was 338. No place to swim along there anyway.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 12:20
milano
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming holes along route 66 for august

I'm sorry: I was in the wrong forum location!Thanks anyway to you both for replying me, I wish you a nice summertime!

5. Re: swimming holes along route 66 for august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 16:16