We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying into Gatlinburg area

Florida City...
Level Contributor
876 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Flying into Gatlinburg area

Coming from Miami or Ft Lauderdale FL. Looking to fly into a nearby city, (doesn't have to be Knoxville) and we could drive about an hour or so. Trying to find the most economical approach for flying. What other city/state options are there for flying in?

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying into Gatlinburg area

Atlanta would be much cheaper. You would have about a 3 1/2 hour drive though, to Gatlinburg.

Florida City...
Level Contributor
876 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying into Gatlinburg area

Got a good price for Raleigh/Durham but it is also a 3+hour drive. Was hoping for 1hr or 1.5 hrs. We are a party of 5 so flying directly is a pretty penny. We may have to bite the bullet and drive....

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying into Gatlinburg area

Hey, a fellow South Floridian here. I got a great rate with Delta (flying out of Miami, no less) but before that, I was looking into Allegiant Air. Have you heard of them? They're a small airline that flies out from FLL to TYS (Knoxville) and depending on your dates they can be real cheap. My cousin used them to fly from Orlando to North Dakota and said they were fine.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying into Gatlinburg area

I would not fly into Raleigh, it's a 5+ hour drive. Either Charlotte or Atlanta would be much closer.

5. Re: Flying into Gatlinburg area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 07:17