We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite thing to do with kids???

south carolina
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
favorite thing to do with kids???

my family and i will be in gatlinburg in july 2006. what are some of your favorite things to do with your kids in the gatlinburg/pigeon forge area.

my kids are 11 and 6.

thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite thing to do with kids???

My kids liked the aquarium and Rainforest adventures. My 4 year old daughter was petting the snakes and big roaches at rainforest....yes i said petting....it was freaking me out but they had fun. I actually held a snake which i thought i'd never do. My 10 year old son loved the go carts...so did i. It's a lot of fun. My daughter also enjoyed playing put put. She kept winning a free game for us. Since you're going in July, you might want to take them to the waterpark Splash Country. I've never been but it looks like fun.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: favorite thing to do with kids???

Two things stick out in my mind that we did over and over when our children were that age. Our daughter loved to go to the Mine in P. Forge. You buy a bag of dirt "mined from the mountains" and filled with raw gem stones in it. You then pan for the stones in a troth with running water. Once you find the stones, you can take them inside for a shine and they will tell you what you have found. You can then turn the stones into jewelery, but that is expensive. Our kids just loved haveing the stones. Here is a coupon site for it and other things:

ttp://www.pigeonforge.com/coupons/coupons.asp

The other thing we love to do is to go tubing. You can see my info on it under the innertubing subject for Gatlinburg. The Metcalf Bottom picnic area would have a nice area for you to play in the water with your 6 year old, while your 11 year old tubes with another adult.

Enjoy!

south carolina
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: favorite thing to do with kids???

thanks so much. my DD loves to mine so that would be excellent for her.

keep the ideas coming