We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cabin Rental Agency

Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Best Cabin Rental Agency

Can anyone tell me who the best cabin rental agency is in Gatlingburg?

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

Hidden Mouintain Resorts in Sevierville has great rentals and they are nice folks to do business with.

Hidden Mountain Resorts @ 475 Apple Valley Road, Sevierville, TN 800 - 541 - 6837.

http://www.hiddenmountain.com/

KY
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

We always rent through Sunset Cottages. They generally have pretty good deals when you rent multiple days. They do have some additional fees to their rental prices, but all of those have been up front. The staff is very helpful as well!

Check them out http://www.sunsetcottage.com

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

I second Hidden Mountain... we never rent from anyone else. but be sure to rent the cabins in the East. cause they are the ones behind the Apple Barn. the West cabins are out Wears Valley Road which is a little to far out for me.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

We mainly use Mountain Laurel Chalets. Great staff, all fees "included" in price. They rent all price range chalets. We have also used Chalet Village many times, both companies are great to work with.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

My vote goes for Jackson Mountain Homes. I have used them the last two times I've gone down there and have not had any problems. They have a small reservation fee and that is the only extra charge. Super easy check in and check out and the people in the office are very friendly and helpful. www.jacksonmountainhomes.com

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

If you want a rental company I would recommend Sunset Cottages(we've used them around 5 times) or Uncle Bud's(used them once but were very happy.)

In the past couple of years we've rented directly from owners through vrbo and actually prefer that now, but the selection can be overwhelming.

When using a rental company do your research and ask about extra/hidden fees. Lots of the companies add these on to the nightly rate and can end up costing a lot more than you may think initially.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

We love Jackson Mountain Homes too. Have used them several times,

We also like Chalet Village and Mountain Laurel Chalets. In the Pigeon Forge area, we have used Maples Ridge and were very pleased too.

Aruba
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

Any advice regarding Sea and Sky Vacation Rentals? We have booked the Cherokee Lodge with them...and are a little hesistant, as there is no physical office in gatlinburg.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

Herisa...I'm sorry but as long as I've been a member on this Forum, I have never heard of any company by that name. And personally, I don't think I'd rent from a company that does not have a physical address in the area. Just my personal opinion. Either way, hope it works out for you!! good luck

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Cabin Rental Agency

I responded to you in one of the other threads regarding this question. I would make sure to do more research on the actual company itself and check out information on their business practices with their other locations. I notice on their website that they only have 4 properties in Galtinburg, that kind of concerns me personally. As far as not having an office to check into. quite a few of the rental agencies do not require you to come to an office to check in as most have lock boxes on the cabins doors, in which they give you the access code the day of your arrival. I am sorry I have not ever heard of this company before though.

I also notice that when you click on their guest book to look at the reviews writeen, it takes you to a vrbo.com website...Vrbo means vacation rental by owner..These can be honest people and you very well may be just fine, but I am still concerned as their is nothing that tells about the owners themselves, which makes me wonder if this is indeed a company owned property and not a personal ownership. Just be cautious and try to investigate a bit more to ensure their honesty. Good luck