We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resaurant for large family event

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Best resaurant for large family event

We are traveling to Gatlinburg in a couple of weeks for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. There are about 15 of us who want to have one nice meal together as a celebration. Anyone have any ideas for which restaurant woud be best? We are staying near the park entrance so something close to that is preferable but not mandatory.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

I certainly wish I had some experience in this matter so I could make suggestions. We have had inquiries that were similar in nature in the past.

My thought is to rent a pavilion in the National Park, and have the entire thing catered. I can't imagine being in such a wonderful area and not sharing it with everyone at once, but that's just me.

This link lists pavilions. www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/picnic.htm

Another thought is the Park Grill, which is right near the entrance of which you speak. It's a bit pricey, but heck, it's their 50th. I say splurge :-)

Edited: 23 July 2011, 18:33
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

Park Grill

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

I second the Park Grill. It is very large and has different rooms that they could probably accommodate you and still have a bit of privacy. Great large salad bar, good food, and excellent desserts, plus it has a great mountain decor.

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

Park Grill for sure!!! My fav place to go! It's huge ans beautiful and the great log cabin atmosphere makes it even more special!!!! :)

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

I have attended a wedding reception at the Park Grill and it was nice but we had a limited menu to choose from. I know Calhouns also has a small room and we love their food. Bennett's BBQ also has a small room but is probably the least informal of all but all these are great restaurants.

6. Re: Best resaurant for large family event

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 17:17