We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Mini golf in area?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksville...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Best Mini golf in area?

My husband I love love love the mountains, and spend plenty of time in the park when we visit, but we also enjoy the chance to act like 10 year olds in GB and PF and not feel guilty for it. We have a long standing mini golf rivalry that we will continue in October. I love some valuable traveler opinions of your favorit mini golf course. We have tried a few in the last couple years.

Circus themed one on pkwy in GB 1* out of 4 stars

Davy Crockett in GC **

Pirate themed course in Magiquest ****, our favorite so far

Whats your favorite?

And I will also add, while I have the soapbox, I know a lot of people complain that the attractions in PF and GB are tacky and detract from the beauty of the area, but to those people I stick out my tongue and *ppppsstt* with raspberries. I look forward to acting silly when on vacation, and I can't Zorb, drive a go-cart like I stole it, or take a chairlift up a mountain at home. And just maybe a round or two of mini golf would make more people realize that fun has a place here!!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

I don't have a favorite mini golf place, (we've only done it once), but I will say that I agree with what you said about people calling the area tacky. I love doing goofy and fun things while on vacation. It's things that we surely don't have and can't do here in my hometown. And on the flip side, I just as much love to go up in the mountains and hang out in nature, away from the "tackiness". It's the best of both worlds. I can do without all the repeats of t-shirt places, but the attractions that we've done are always fun!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

Mini-golf is a must for our family too mainly for my 9 year old but we all enjoy it. Our favorite in GB would be hill billy golf, it's alot of fun to take the cart up the mountain and the course is very well maintained. It's also alot cooler because it's up the mountain and well shaded.

My son's favorite would be Ripley's Old McDonald's Farm in PF at the entrance to the outlet mall. It is a really cute course with flying pigs and chickens clucking when you ring the hole.

Have fun and enjoy the beauty of this area.

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

My kids like one on the Parkway in Gatlinburg that is indoors. (Can't remember the name) It's next to a jewlery place. The good thing about this place is that it's not affected by the weather.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

I will second Hillbilly Golf. It is the only one I have played there, but I really enjoyed it.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

Its been years since I played Hillbilly golf but we enjoyed it at the time, although some recent reviews are not great. We also like the indoor one in Gatlinburg if the weather is bad but prefer to play outside in nice weather. We used to play the one in downtown Gatlinburg on the hill, about midtown, can't remember the name but it was always fun. Its on the left if you're looking up towards the park entrance.

In PF we like the one with the airplane and little train that you can ride up to the top.

I'm sorry I can't remember the names to any of these places. And I also agree with you about the 'tacky' comments. I love all the touristy things in town. While we don't do many of them anymore, we've done most at least once and like you said you should have fun on vacation and do things you can't or wouldn't do at home.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

Hillbilly Golf is my favorite mini golf, hands down.

And I agree with your ideas about what's tacky. I enjoy all my time in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I'm sure we've been in almost every "tacky" shop on the strip at least once.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

I know that I've been to all of the tacky places also. We love them, don't buy much anymore as most of the great artisans are no longer there.

We like Hillbilly gof also, but the favorite was the old Bunny Golf. Cute bunnies to pet & shoo off the greens, it don't get any better than that!

alliance,oh
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

Hillbilly golf is the one we loved and going to take our boys there next year. I am already looking forward to going to the Great Smoky National Park.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
137 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

Adding another vote for Hillbilly Golf, our absolute favorite.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Mini golf in area?

I remember Bunny Golf, my sons, now 25-32 still talk about it. We are also in a friendly (?) competition with each other about putt putt. Have to golf at least once, sometimes more. Favs are Old McDonald, grandkids really like it too. Hillbilly is always fun too.