We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MidTown Lodge Closing?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
MidTown Lodge Closing?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I noticed on their site they plan to close end of December. :(

I have never stayed there, but know this is one of the "oldies."

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I think someone said they are tearing it down and putting in a parking lot or garage.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I really wish someone would buy it and fix it up. It's location is great, it would be nice to have a good hotel in the middle of the pkwy. It's been many years since I stayed there but will still hate to see it go.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I agree, it is the best location in town.

You would think a large hotel chain would buy the lot and build.

If there was a westin or a marriott, something of that caliber, they could stay full all the time with that location.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I agree, this location is by far the best in town for a hotel. I hate to see it get torn down, especially if they put in a parking garage or another set of shops...we need more nice places to stay in town.

Someone does though, need to spend the money and re-vamp the Riverside Motor Lodge, Reagans Resort, and Reagans Four Seasons, and Reagans Smokyland...Those 4 properties also have GREAT locations, but really need a complete overhaul!! Reagans being one of the oldest families still owning businesses in town really should consider spending the money to update their hotels on the strip...I think people choose to stay in those places simply due to location, but then find themselves disappointed with how run down they have become.

Midtown, was also getting to a point that the owners just seemed to stop caring, but the location was great, and the hotel had so many different options of rooms to choose from which was nice! I hate to see them get torn down =(

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I read somewhere that Smokyland rooms had recently been upgraded, is that true? Has anyone on here stayed there since?

I've probably stayed at MidTown Lodge more than I've stayed at any other hotel in G'burg. I normally try to stay somewhere different each time but I think I've stayed at MidTown 3 times. Best location and I could not imagine another parking garage right there. Maybe in the back of the property but a nice updated new hotel would be awesome.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

Vee...Smokylands website shows nice looking rooms, so maybe they have upgraded. I stopped in there last year in the Spring to check out the rooms, and they didn't look like that then, so maybe.... =)

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

Reviews are still kinda yucky but they are several months old.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60842-d97869-R…

missouri
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

I read they were going to build a Walgreens and another small store strip of sort where Midtown is now. Who knows?

I am just trying to find a hotel or motel kinda on the cheap side for one night.

The rest of the nights we have a cabin.

The horror stories of some scare me!

Then I kinda always wanted to try The Gatlinburg Inn, but I hear they watch you like a hawk and you cant bring leftovers to your room. lol....I don't know. I guess one night anywhere I end up won't kill me....well unless it's the Grand Resort Hotel.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

There was a Wal-Greens built on the strip already isn't there? Maybe it's another drug store.

If you would consider Townsend, I made reservations at the Townsend Gateway Inn for our upcoming trip. Rooms look like they've been renovated rather nicely.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MidTown Lodge Closing?

There is a Walgreens on the strip. Its been there for maybe a couple of years. I do wish they would put in another hotel there, the location is awesome.

And after reading the reviews that talk about the rules at Gatlinburg Inn, I can't understand why anyone would stay there. Its bizarre that you can't bring food back to your room. We would starve if we couldn't eat in our hotel room. We're always snacking and eating leftovers in the room. I also dislike the fact that they have sharp, pointy rocks on the wall outside the parking lot to prevent people from sitting down. Someone must like it though, the place has been there forever.