We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City condo with private balcony.

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
City condo with private balcony.

Looking for person recommendations for a 1 or 2 bedroom condo for 2 adults next April. Right now one of the most important requests is a big private balcony with either a town or mountain view. DH wants to be able to sit on the balcony and see either city or mountain view. It would be great to keep the cost around $100 per night max. Location isnt so important except that we do not want to be way up by Ober. I'd even consider out by Cobbly Nob. Thanks for the help.

Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Maybe Oak Square, although I think all the balconies face inward so the view would depend on the location of the condo in the building. Its U-shaped and the balconies are on the inside of the U. There are a few condos in Oak Square listed on VRBO, most are reasonably priced. We almost rented one back in January but went with a motel instead

2. Re: City condo with private balcony.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 August 2011, 16:05
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City condo with private balcony.

well it's not a condo but I would recommend staying in Gatlinburg at Hampton Inn... Get a room with a creekside balcony. the rooms on that side have a beautiful mountain view plus they overlook a small creek that is very relaxing to sit out on your balcony and just enjoy the Great Smoky Mountains.

This hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful, they also have a great breakfast. and the hotel is on the upper end of the parkway so it's very nice to just leave your car parked and walk the Gatlinburg strip and shop.

We love this place.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Its not right in town, but The Highlands is our favorite place. It is not far and you can take a back way directly from Gatlinburg or the By-pass to get away from the traffic. It looks down onto Gatlinburg and the view is awsome!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Is it quiet up there at The Highlands? Always wondered about that place. Not much talk about it.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Highland's is a great place to stay. The view is outstanding.

http://www.highlandscondos.com/

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Summit Manor, it is in town right off the pkwy but sits up on a hill so he would have a view mostly of the mountains. Easy walking except up the hill so no need to get in the car.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City condo with private balcony.

Stayed at Summit Manor--beautiful condo and view. Check out www.gatlinburgtreetopview.com. I believe her name is Lisa.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: City condo with private balcony.

We have stayed at Summit Manor and loved it...however, it's not under $100. You can find some condos in town under VRBO that are pretty reasonable.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: City condo with private balcony.

I'll also recommend Summit Manor. My fiance and I and another couple stayed there last February, and are staying there again this February. Great location, we could walk everywhere and our condo overlooked the Smoky Mtn. Brewery, as well as a stream running alongside the property. Ours was a 2br/2ba unit. You can see a photo of the view from your balcony at www.vrbo.com/124615