We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cherokee grill vs park grill?

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Cherokee grill vs park grill?

We haven't been to either, and would like to spend our anniversary at a special spot. Reviews and menus are pretty similar. Which do you recommend and why? My sweetie is meat and potatoes and I like to try new things. Thanks in advance!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

IMO, I like the Park Grill for a special occasion. In the evening they have piano music and the atmosphere is great not to mention the food is awesome!! If it wasn't a special time, Cherokee Grill is good too, but for your anniversary go for the Park Grill!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

We love Cherokee Grill. They have oil lamps on the tables and the lights are low and we love to sit up by the huge rock fireplace. I think it's a very special place to have your anniversary. I know it's hubby and I special place.

We love the prosperity steak and Neva's potatoes. they have great food and the service has always been wonderful.

And the prices are much better than Park Grill just sayin.....

Level Contributor
2,036 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

Cherokee grill hands down. Ditto on the prosperity steak.

We have given up on getting a decent meal at The Park Grill, especially at their high prices. I know we are in the minority when it comes to the Park Grill, but I give a restaurant 2 times to prove themselves, and gave The Park Grill 3, since the reviews are so good. Their salad bar and the unique building were the only bright spots. Hopefully you would have better luck.

Calhouns is also good.

Best of luck

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

I also say Cherokee Grill over Park Grill. Our park Grill experience was mediocre at best, and though we loved the building and salad bar, we found the Cherokee Grill to be much more intimate.

Level Contributor
217 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

You got to go with Cherokee Grill. We've had some excellent meals at Park Grill and some not-so-excellent as well. Cherokee Grill is far more consistantly great.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

Cherokee Grill is the place to go. We used to go to the Park Grill every time we came to town until the CG opened. Much nicer ambience,food quality and prices.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

I guess we are all different. I wasn't that impressed with the Cherokee Grill. Not bad, but not as good as we were expecting from the comments. We visit the Park Grill every trip and have never been disappointed with their steaks!

Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

I don't think you would be unhappy with either but I think Park Grill is more romantic to celebrate an event. Good luck.

Park Grill Steakhouse @ 1110 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 865 - 436 - 2300.

Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

I like both. If I had to pick, it would be the Park Grill.

Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cherokee grill vs park grill?

We always make a point to eat at both every trip to Gatlinburg. We have had great meals at both and they are equally nice. I would have to say my favorite would be Park Grill due to their huge salad bar, excellent desserts, more entree choices, and the atmosphere . I believe you would be happy with either, but I prefer the ambiance at Park Grill.