We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Fall trip

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
First Fall trip

In a little over 2 weeks I am heading to town for my 1st FALL trip...I am so looking forwrad to it. As I always go in the Spring, this will be a nice treat to see the colors on the trees. We have a chalet booked this trip with an amazing view, yet close to town =-)

Only draw back to this trip...not enough time =( Only able to stay 4 nights this trip...oh well, all the more reason to get home and start scheduling my Annual Spring trip. I am looking forward to hearing from those that are going this weekend or the following week, and hoping they will share their opinions of the leaf colors as of yet....

16 days and counting =)

Edited: 11 October 2011, 18:46
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Fall trip

Deputy,

We were down last week and there was already some color up high. We noticed a color progression in just the few days we were there.

We will be back down about the same time you are and I feel pretty good that there will be good color.

The websites that show the color progression don't show as much color as when you see it live.

If this is your first fall trip, you are in for a treat.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Fall trip

You are going to love it Deputy. We really enjoy our fall trips and we go for Halloween & the first week in November. We usually have very good color on the last few days in October and by the time we leave around November 4/5 the leaves have started falling. Of course all this depends on the rain & the wind but it is our favorite time to go. Looking forward to your report on the fall color. Have a great time.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 01:05
la la land
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Fall trip

It's just beautiful Deputy! Just got back Sunday after a week or so trip and it was somewhere near peak in the higher elevations of the park. Also on the way back home via Knoxville way and into KY - about at peak. Beautiful golds and reds! Really enjoyed! Lots of leaves turned and fell since we had come down a week earlier. It had looked scruffy on the way down.

Bladenboro, North...
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Fall trip

We are here now. The colors in the higher elevations are beautiful.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Fall trip

Have a great time, Deputy! While I've never been there later than the first week of October, I've always loved it there in the Fall. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, too!

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Fall trip

Ten days and counting for us!

Monticello, Indiana
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First Fall trip

10 days for me too WhiteWizard! I hope there is still lots of color. This is our first October trip. Maybe i will see you or Deputy!

westport
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Fall trip

We're heading down on Nov 2. We were down there this time last year and had some snow at higher elevations.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Fall trip

Can't wait to hear about it when you get back, I've started my countdown but I have a ways to go :(

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Fall trip

Thanks for the color update! Hopefully there is some left in the lower elevations for my trip...15 days and counting! =) Really looking forward to seeing soome great friends while down there too!

Whitewizard and Melonbob..have a safe trip down in 10 days...if possible drop us a note here after your arrive so I know what to expect on my trip down. Whitewizard...I will actually be driving from Grove City area on the way down (picking up a friend in Canal)..so I will really look forward to hearing about the car ride down there. I know I always love getting into the foothills in Kentucky due to the trees, and rolling hills. Will be great to hear if there is color on the tress alongside the interstate! =)