We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for good trout

texas
14 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant for good trout

I'm planning a trip to Gatlinburg with my sister in December. I have never had trout and we would like to go to a restaurant there that has a reputation of having good trout. She has been to the Smokey Mountain Trout house but I wasn't sure if it was still open. I saw that there is a place in Townsend that is supposed to be real good. But I'm not sure we want to travel that far. Anyone have any suggestions.

Oh just a little fact about myself-- I co-oped in the summer for the Fish and Wildlife Service in Cherokee, N.C. and used to help stock their streams with trout for the fly fisherman. It was way back in 1980. It was a lot of fun. Such a beautiful place to spend the summer. One day I want to fly fish. I guess I'll have to add it to my "bucket list". hahaha

Mentioned in this post
Townsend
Townsend
Tennessee
Cherokee
Cherokee
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for good trout

dininginthesmokies.com/_gatlinb/dgsmtrou.htm

This is the Smokey Mountain Trout House. It appears to be open, and it says the original owner is back, along with new management. I wonder if the quality had fallen off or they had other problems.

While we haven't eaten there, my wife says she had some trout at either The Old Mill or The Park Grill that was really good.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,407 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for good trout

Sorry, meant to say that we haven't eaten at the Smokey Mountain Trout House, not the Old Mill or Park Grill :-)

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,407 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for good trout

Howards has very good fried trout.

Mentioned in this post
Howard's Steakhouse
Howard's Steakhouse
859 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
INDIANA
Level Contributor
112 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for good trout

Although I haven't had trout anywhere else, I too found that the trout at the Old Mill was some of the best fish I have ever had. I had mine grilled/baked but I believe they offered it breaded and fried also.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,407 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for good trout

I think the trout at the Park Grill is good.

texas
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for good trout

Thanks all. I'll look into the Park Grill and the Old Mill and we'll think about which one we'd like to go. I like to plan out some of my trips ahead of time using of course "Trip Advisor". What a great resource this is!!! :)

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,407 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for good trout

The freshest and best trout in the area is at the English Mountain Trout Farm in Sevierville near Forbidden Caverns. You catch it,they clean and cook it anyway you please. The fried trout is incredible!

Mentioned in this post
Sevierville
Sevierville
Sevier County, TN
Forbidden Caverns
Forbidden Caverns
1,051 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for good trout

Hands down the best trout around town is served at the Park Grill. I've been eating it for years and it's absolutely fantastic! (Grilled although the fried is good, too!)

Cindy

9. Re: Restaurant for good trout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:18