We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

loco burro

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
loco burro

I think loco burro in Gatlinburg recently opened, has anyone tried it? It looks like a fun place to go.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: loco burro

My hubby and I tred it Sunday the 30th. The escalator was a nice way to get up to the dining area. The service was fair and the decor was nice which would be great for partying. The waitress was nice but had a hard time getting our orders straight. The food was bland to us but maybe with time they will get better. They opened on Saturday, Oct. 29th. The escalator going down is somewhat fast so if you have had a few be careful.

Edited: 02 November 2011, 13:24
Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: loco burro

Even after an edit I spelled it wrong. "Tried" not tred.

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: loco burro

I thought about trying this place when we go in December. I just looked at their menu and the prices look pretty expensive. Don't know if I want to spend that much money on bland food.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: loco burro

I have to say we were not impressed at all and we love good Mexican food but this was very disappointing to us. I told my husband that usually mexican food is pretty reasonable but this sure wasn't. Their salsa was served heated (temperature) and not much flavor with that either. I ordered nachos and got an enchilada dinner like my husband and this was after I had to explain 3 times to the waitress what I wanted. We won't be back but I hope they can get better and make a go of it because it looks like they spent a lot on this. The only thing that was good was the Mojito drink I got and it was delicious.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: loco burro

Is this the location where Mellow Mushroom was? I can't place it from the picture, but I know MM had an escalator.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: loco burro

itsjustme12....No, it's in the new building that they just built right next to McDonald's.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: loco burro

It also has roof top seating so it is in the open but too cold for me.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: loco burro

Sounds like a great location, and with a rooftop area, that would be wonderful in warm weather. It's a shame it is getting bad reviews.

Aurora,KY
Level Contributor
528 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: loco burro

I believe it is hard to give a review on food but I also believe that if I am really interested in a restaurant then I will try it once for myself regardless of the reviews. What I like and don't like could be totally different from someone else. My DH & I both did not like this food but someone else might think it is the best food around. It does have a great decor and I am sure it is well suited for the younger crowd. I noticed today that they have dueling pianos so that sounds like fun. We went to No Way Jose's tonight and had an excellent meal but there are some bad reviews on it also. I hope in time their food will get better for my taste.

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: loco burro

sounds like maybe it'd be more fun just to get a drink there and eat elsewhere! Thanks :)