We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Looking for somewhere to dine tonight and hubby wants raw oysters.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
296 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Only places I knew of were Lineberger's and Maxwell's and 99% sure that both are gone now. You can try to call Bubba Gump's but I doubt it. Maybe someone else might know of somewhere off the beaten path, or perhaps you could find them in a grocery store somewhere, but thinking that is probably a longshot too.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Hellbender's Grill. Enjoy your visit.

http://www.hellbendersgrill.com/

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Captain Jim's in PF might have them. Enjoy your trip.

http://www.captainjimsseafoodbuffet.com/

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

The only raw oysters I eat are fresh local here. I don't think I'd eat raw oysters that have travelled half a day or more to the mountains. Just me.

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Axle: According to discoverthesmokies.com, Hellbenders closed on November 5. That being said, I can't think of any other place in Gatlinburg that serves raw oysters. Wish they did because I love them.

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
283 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

I read Captain Jim's menu, and they say they have a raw bar with oysters. I also read their reviews - 80% think the food is lousy and overpriced. Read the reviews and make up your own mind before you go, but I wouldn't go there if it was me.

Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

I agrre with you Brad. I love living on the ocean for the fresh seafood. The bad thing is most of the oysters we get here are actually gulf oysters from Texas, Florida and louisanna.

If they are kept cold and serve within the allotted days they will be fine. Just remember if they have a stroner smell than normal they are not fresh.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Lineberger's and Hellbender's both closed? That's a shame. I always wanted to try Hellbender's. And Lineberger's just sunk all that money into a new building.

Georgia
Level Contributor
130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

Thanks for all the replies! We were going to try HellBenders, but it seems they are only open on weekends for the winter.

Oh well.

10. Re: Need quick help....Raw Oysters anywhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:19